I was wondering if Bugera is gonna release a low-er gain amp? they moddled a 5150 and a jcm880 (I think) so far so are they gonna do like a plexi or something like that? if so I might be interested
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
I was wondering if Bugera is gonna release a low-er gain amp? they moddled a 5150 and a jcm880 (I think) so far so are they gonna do like a plexi or something like that? if so I might be interested

Well from what i can tell they all have gain knobs but i could be wrong.... sorry had to say it...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Well from what i can tell they all have gain knobs but i could be wrong.... sorry had to say it...

yah it's fine was just wondering if they are gonna model amps with less gain more bluesy/classic rock amps
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I just asked this like a half an hour ago in another thread.
Yeah... they should.
Like, a nice, fairly tonally accurate tweed or BF fender clone would be sweet.
Or, maybe a voxy clone or something, but it seems like there's already enough cheaper amps with a voxy vibe to it (a majority of cheaper amps use EL84's it seems like)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^^I guess great minds think alike lol

but I agree not a voxy sound.

a Fender clone would be sweet Nice and cheap at that then I can have the cleans of a BF and the Dirt of my Plexi!! woo lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
they moddled a 5150 and a jcm880 (I think)

Unless there's another amp I'm missing that they make, they make a 5150 and JSX copy.

Maybe if their reliability goes up some and they changed their rediculous warranty I'd consider buying one, hopefully they're working on at least the reliability of them. It'd be cool to have something like that, but then, you can just buy a copy from Ceriatone that won't die on you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Unless there's another amp I'm missing that they make, they make a 5150 and JSX copy.

Maybe if their reliability goes up some and they changed their rediculous warranty I'd consider buying one, hopefully they're working on at least the reliability of them. It'd be cool to have something like that, but then, you can just buy a copy from Ceriatone that won't die on you.

sorry I thought I read it was JCM800. forgive me.

I am buying a ceriatone though so huh! lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^WOO indeed.
Actually, what I may do is if I sell my Peavey Classic 50, I may get a trainwreck clone from Ceriatone. That way, I have huge BF cleans from the CBB, and some hopeful marshally grind from the TW. Sweet!

Ahem.. back on task...
Maybe Bugera should try an original model, or rip off a less common amp like a dumble or something. I wonder if they could seriously make a budget dumble. Ceriatone has one, but it's their priciest amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at May 7, 2008,
Quote by darkarbiter7
^WOO indeed.
Actually, what I may do is if I sell my Peavey Classic 50, I may get a trainwreck clone from Ceriatone. That way, I have huge BF cleans from the CBB, and some hopeful marshally grind from the TW. Sweet!

that'll be a cool contrast huh?

and I can't wait for tat plexi lol. I haven't put an order yet but soon I just need to get the extra like 300 dollars
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Yeah, but you still have to wait a while for it to get built.
You may not even have any time over the summer to play it by the time you get the cash and it gets built.
luckily, I finished school a month early, so i've been playing 8 hours a day lately.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Yeah, but you still have to wait a while for it to get built.
You may not even have any time over the summer to play it by the time you get the cash and it gets built.
luckily, I finished school a month early, so i've been playing 8 hours a day lately.

same I finished like the 8th of april

maybe you can just loan me some huh? lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
same I finished like the 8th of april

maybe you can just loan me some huh? lol

Not right now... lol.
I paid an arm and a leg for my CBB, so yeah.
Even though I knew you were kidding (I think).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Not right now... lol.
I paid an arm and a leg for my CBB, so yeah.
Even though I knew you were kidding (I think).

an arm a leg and not to mention most of your cash lol.

yes I was joking
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Alright. Just checking.
Sarcasm is a bit harder to sense online.
Luckily, it wasn't really my cash. Well, the cash was in my name, but I didn't really work for it.
I got it for being on a tv show or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Alright. Just checking.
Sarcasm is a bit harder to sense online.
Luckily, it wasn't really my cash. Well, the cash was in my name, but I didn't really work for it.
I got it for being on a tv show or something.

or something? lol. like when you were little or what? lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Kind of.
I was 3 when I was on Regis & Kathy Lee back in '94.
I was on the "wonder kids week", since I knew where all the countries were on a map.
Got 2 grand out of the deal!

But i'm guessing that you didn't know that.
Darn, now i'm gonna have to upload videos or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Kind of.
I was on the "wonder kids week", since I knew where all the countries were on a map.

thats freakin awesome free money basically lol

and how long haveyou kept that a secret from your fellow UGer's

btw pics or it didn't happen!

I'm sorry

Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at May 7, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
thats freakin awesome free money basically lol

Essentially. But the stupid holders of the bond said "ohhh, we have a fee", and it knocked off a few hundred bucks.
But, the embarrassment of my mom showing the tape to anyone and everyone who steps foot in our house is worth the fee! *sigh*

Oh well, I got a new amp out of the deal. I was kind of disappointed though, since I wanted to get a few controlling pedals (amp switching), and some halfway decent cables, with the cash I had left over. But, life goes on.

And yes, i'll write a blog with pics and stuff. Sadly, all the pics are printed pictures, and our scanner is broken. Once I get a chance to go next door and use my neighbor's scanner and get them up on UG.
And maybe, i'll have the data on the tape burned onto a CDR or something, so I can youtube it.

But I assure you, it happened.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at May 7, 2008,
Quote by darkarbiter7
Essentially. But the stupid holders of the bond said "ohhh, we have a fee", and it knocked off a few hundred bucks.
But, the embarrassment of my mom showing the tape to anyone and everyone who steps foot in our house is worth the fee! *sigh*

Oh well, I got a new amp out of the deal. I was kind of disappointed though, since I wanted to get a few controlling pedals (amp switching), and some halfway decent cables, with the cash I had left over. But, life goes on.

lol thats just great.

hey did I tell you I'm making an a/b and a a/b/y box? maybe you would be moderatly interested?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by darkarbiter7
Kind of.

Pics or didn't happen.

kidding;

LOL....Whoo hooo

please tell me this is out on youtube now, or soon

Ha
;
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Pics or didn't happen.

kidding;

LOL....Whoo hooo

please tell me this is out on youtube now, or soon

Ha
;

I already looked it wasn't there lol.

nah I didn't I'm too tired lol

well I'm going to bed. night guys
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at May 7, 2008,
All in good time i'll get proof up.

All in good time.

And yes, a nice ABY box would be killer!

Will it have t00bs? lol
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
All in good time i'll get proof up.

All in good time.

And yes, a nice ABY box would be killer!

Will it have t00bs? lol

lol/

but I think I'm gonna call it the switcheroo lol. it'll be done it like 2 weeks!! yaaayy lol

I'm off to bed night
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Maybe the Sandswitch.

You can switch between two amps, hence the "switch". The sand part refers to "sandwich", which is what happens when you have both amps pressed together, like a sandwich.

Bah... late night ideas aren't usually that great.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Bostonrocks

They've based their designs on the 5150, XXX, and JSX. My bet is if they do a mid gain amp, it's going to be based on the Classic series.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^That's a safe bet. But, the classics are already cheap enough.
Maybe they'll rip off the old peaveys or something (don't know what models exactly).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7

Maybe Bugera should try an original model, or rip off a less common amp like a dumble or something.

Well, since Bugera are made by Behringer, all they actually do is provide budget models of different things, and I imagine the schematics and plans for a Dumble would be extremely difficult to obtain and copy for a good price, most of the stuff used in them is vintage electronics. Things like 5150's and Rectifiers are piss easy to recreate because they are nothing unique.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Well, since Bugera are made by Behringer, all they actually do is provide budget models of different things, and I imagine the schematics and plans for a Dumble would be extremely difficult to obtain and copy for a good price, most of the stuff used in them is vintage electronics. Things like 5150's and Rectifiers are piss easy to recreate because they are nothing unique.

There's schematics on here for Dumble stuff: http://www.schematicheaven.com/dumble.htm

But yeah, it'd probably cost alot to build with the vintage electronics.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by MatrixClaw

they copied a 5150,5150 II, a JSX and a Triple XXX
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by darkarbiter7
^That's a safe bet. But, the classics are already cheap enough.
Maybe they'll rip off the old peaveys or something (don't know what models exactly).

Quote by papersun87
Bugera is gonna do a copy of the Classic 30.

It's going to cost $25.

what if a Classic 30 clone was around $250 though? That would be a lot less, and in line with how far they've undercut the other models. I wonder how much it costs to actually produce a 30W PCB tube amp in China, I bet it's pretty small.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
what if a Classic 30 clone was around $250 though? That would be a lot less, and in line with how far they've undercut the other models. I wonder how much it costs to actually produce a 30W PCB tube amp in China, I bet it's pretty small.

why would you do that though they could never compete with the real C30.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Erock503

I was being sarcastic, obviously, but you make a good point. I wonder if they won't go there next.

Off-topic, has anyone noticed that Kustom's new amps are resembling Peavey's? I know that James Brown (not the soul singer, the amp designer) is designing for Kustom now, but the Double Cross is like a clone of the JSX with more features and the Defender is just like the Windsor except it's 50 watts and can use 6L6s or EL34s. And knowing Kustom's quality, they're probably way better built as well. Factor in cheaper and it looks like Kustom is trying to put Peavey out of business.

Edit:
Quote by Bostonrocks
why would you do that though they could never compete with the real C30.

Well, used 5150s go for about $500 and they figured they could compete with them, so you never know. I suppose since C30s are so cheap anyway that Bugera's supposedly shoddy build quality will make people just go for the real C30 instead.
Last edited by papersun87 at May 7, 2008,
Dumble amps are the second most ripped off amps after the Fender Bassman. The third most ripped off would probably be the SLO.

Quote by darkarbiter7
^WOO indeed.

Ahem.. back on task...
Maybe Bugera should try an original model, or rip off a less common amp like a dumble or something. I wonder if they could seriously make a budget dumble. Ceriatone has one, but it's their priciest amp.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by RHCPfan01
Dumble amps are the second most ripped off amps after the Fender Bassman.

But none are mass produced AFAIK; which means you're wrong.
But a ridiculous number of companies make them. Hell some are even dedicated to making only Dumble clones. Take a look at Fuchs, Two Rock, Glaswerks, Bruno, D'Lite and there are more.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Bugera wouldn't ever copy a dumble. The circuit doesn't lend itself to cheap imitations, and Bugera doesn't seem to have a very good R&D department, from what I've seen of their guts.
Quote by RHCPfan01
But a ridiculous number of companies make them. Hell some are even dedicated to making only Dumble clones. Take a look at Fuchs, Two Rock, Glaswerks, Bruno, D'Lite and there are more.

Yep, but they are all made by hand, so they can only make a couple of hundred per year (each). I'm not even sure a cheap(er) mass-produced Dumble would sell well, since they're not actaully that well-known.