Well a little while ago I was standing in front of my mirror and then put my guitar on and thought "Hey that looks awesome" and then proceeded to play Jail Break and relised how much of a tool I look like "rocking out"... You see I get really into it jumping around, running all over the place, strange rock n roll faces.... All of that.. Now I've been "Rocking out" when jamming with other musicians before and they didn't seem to think anything of it... But when i actually saw myself doing I thought "Holy crap! That might be alright for Angus Young... But geez give it up now!"

I'm a fairly big guy.. 6 foot 2, bulky.. all that.. And from looking in the mirror I make the SG look like a toothbrush with dental floss for strings....

So should I continue my "rock out" practice in the relative privacy of my room and hide my shame.. Or should I just keep going and not worry about people thinking I'm have an epileptic fit.. Or maybe I should just stop completely and stand still, starring blankly and showing no sign of emotion.

So pit, any experiences like this for you? Any relisation that you do not actually look as great as you thought you did?

Cheers.
you never look as cool as you think. so just have some fun bro, i do.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
you never look as cool as you think. so just have some fun bro, i do.

amen

and i think you should worry more about your playing than your look
...."this is what's best for me, for you, for us, or maybe just for me", i thought...
lol I do worry about my playing.. I jump around in the hopes it will distract the public from the missed notes
Dude, just go ****ing nuts. The more energy you have while you play, as long as you aren't sacrificing accuracy, the better. In the bands that i have been in, at shows we go ****ing crazy. I have actually jumped off of the bass drum, and half stacks sometimes just for fun/to put on a good show. It usually gets a good response from a crowd, but then again, i looked like this while doing it.

that might be part of the appeal, i'm not really sure.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
**** it dude, have fun and don't worry about what other people think.

If people at your gigs don't like it, you still have their money...
if you give off how much u love what your doing, no one will look down on you
theyll wish they were having as much fun and passionate about something as you are
haha... i did this once when i first learned to play blackened by METALLICA. but i said "once" for a reason...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Dude, I practice my screaming (Devin Townsend style) in front of the mirror. You haven't even seen funny faces until you've practiced screaming in front of the mirror. Anyways, I have no shame (or dignity, for that matter). The point is just to have fun. If you're worried about looking cool, just stop playing rock music
I'm about 6'1'' and 276(i'm one step away from extreme lardass) no matter what guitar i'm behind it looks dainty and thus throws off most of the tricks that i do. the only ones that look not retarded are playing bhind the head, between the legs, and sadly holding the guitar vertically and playing like Pat Stump of FOB
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by bassdrum

If people at your gigs don't like it, you still have their money...

Hahahaha good point.. That one actually made me literally lol.
Quote by madbasslover
Dude, I practice my screaming (Devin Townsend style) in front of the mirror. You haven't even seen funny faces until you've practiced screaming in front of the mirror. Anyways, I have no shame (or dignity, for that matter). The point is just to have fun. If you're worried about looking cool, just stop playing rock music

This is the truth. I look like a combination of angry, sad, and constipated when I scream.

As far as rocking out in front of the mirror, I do it sometimes just for fun.

While onstage, I do whatever I want to, I'm just trying to enjoy myself. One of the things I do without even realizing it is I will play some solos while standing on one foot. I'm not doing it to be cool, I just end up doing it. Just have fun at a gig.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
if ur good enough they will just be looked at ur hands/penis, not you...
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
oh wait i suggest growing ur hair extremely out and thn start playong an explorer like claudio sanchez. hes a larger guy and when he plays u either watch his hair or his hands and he stays pretty still(but he sings)
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by NothingButRock
Well a little while ago I was standing in front of my mirror and then put my guitar on and thought "Hey that looks awesome" and then proceeded to play Jail Break and relised how much of a tool I look like "rocking out"... You see I get really into it jumping around, running all over the place, strange rock n roll faces.... All of that.. Now I've been "Rocking out" when jamming with other musicians before and they didn't seem to think anything of it... But when i actually saw myself doing I thought "Holy crap! That might be alright for Angus Young... But geez give it up now!"

I'm a fairly big guy.. 6 foot 2, bulky.. all that.. And from looking in the mirror I make the SG look like a toothbrush with dental floss for strings....

So should I continue my "rock out" practice in the relative privacy of my room and hide my shame.. Or should I just keep going and not worry about people thinking I'm have an epileptic fit.. Or maybe I should just stop completely and stand still, starring blankly and showing no sign of emotion.

So pit, any experiences like this for you? Any relisation that you do not actually look as great as you thought you did?

Cheers.

Keep doing it.

Angus Young is God.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
Dude, just go ****ing nuts. The more energy you have while you play, as long as you aren't sacrificing accuracy, the better. In the bands that i have been in, at shows we go ****ing crazy. I have actually jumped off of the bass drum, and half stacks sometimes just for fun/to put on a good show. It usually gets a good response from a crowd, but then again, i looked like this while doing it.

that might be part of the appeal, i'm not really sure.

10 coolnes points for the D.R.I. shirt.