but you dont listen to them for about a year and go back to listning to them are you still as dedicated of a fan since you didnt listen to them for so long?
this matters why? why are you trying to prove to somone you are dedicated in enjoying a particular bands music?

questions aside , No. (not that it matters at all)
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
Quote by ChillofWinter
this matters why? why are you trying to prove to somone you are dedicated in enjoying a particular bands music?

questions aside , No. (not that it matters at all)

I said I was a fan but wouldnt so long without listenin to him I felt like I doubled crossed him.
ummm yeah? i say i'm a dedicated fan of System but i haven't really listened to SOAD cd in a few months
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
no not after a year. unless you were in a coma or sumthin.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
I think if you know a bands catalog well enough and maybe seen em live you can say ur a dedicated fan..idk. Just because you don't listen to em for a while doesn't mean you're not a dedicated fan. I'm a die hard peppers fan, but sometimes i wont listen to them for a few months because I get into other bands for a while. and yea anyway it shouldn't really matter anyway.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Quote by redhotsexmagic
I think if you know a bands catalog well enough and maybe seen em live you can say ur a dedicated fan..idk. Just because you don't listen to em for a while doesn't mean you're not a dedicated fan. I'm a die hard peppers fan, but sometimes i wont listen to them for a few months because I get into other bands for a while. and yea anyway it shouldn't really matter anyway.

Dude thats the same situation Im in
You might still be knowledgeable but not dedicated.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
i consider myself a pretty dedicated Pearl Jam fan, but i havent listened to them that much in a while now. i do have most of their cds, 2 of their dvds, and ive seen them live. i think thats enough to consider myself dedicated, even if i havent listened to them in a while.
Quote by redhotsexmagic

this guy speaks truth
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
hmmmm so how about if I start collecting all his CD's? I realy wish I could see him live but he passed away before I discoverd him
I would say your a dedicated fan, yes.

I haven't been drunk in over a week, and I'm still dedicated to beer. I will always love it and worship it.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
IMO, it depends how you react when their next album comes out. you're going to get sick of listening to the same thing, and there are so many bands out there you can't just listen to the same thing all the time. Now, if you don't like their new stuff, or you don't even listen to it, then that changes things. BUT ...... like me, I'm a fan of old Aerosmith, not new, and the same with many bands, so to be a dedicated fan, do you really have to like everything the band ever did?

No, IMO, I would still see them in concert cause I know they are going to play some of what I like, and maybe I'll develope a new appreciation for their newer stuff. Mostly, as a growing musician, your tastes are going to change. If you fell like you have to like one type of music you are never going to grow. And, if you have to keep listening to the same thing all the time to prove you are a dedicated fan, I think that says you're trying to hard to be a fan. Enjoy the music that you are listening to right now, and next time you hear your favorite band, you'll remember why they are your fave.
I think if you are a dedicated fan of a band, you will want to listen to them a lot no matter what. Not listening to them for over a year you lose some of your fan status.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
I think if you are a dedicated fan of a band, you will want to listen to them a lot no matter what. Not listening to them for over a year you lose some of your fan status.

But it can be regained?
Quote by truckster
But it can be regained?

oh of course. I think that if you are a true fan you will always be, its just a matter of how much you listen to them/how much you know about them, etc.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
if your really a dedicated fan, and are truly into the music, you dont need to listen to it constantly.
Who seriously fucking cares? Dedication is subjective, and trust me mate; whatever artist you feel like you've 'double-crossed' doesn't know or care about your existence or the fact you've not listened to their music for a while.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth

gotta sig that one
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth