What is the best on-board effect device i could put into a guitar. Matt Bellamy of muse uses a Zvex Fuzz Factory. Im looking for a way to have a way to control distortion, along with basic guitar effects like chorus reverb etc, and maybe a MIDI output for sounding like a piano or something. Any good devices out there? And is there an electronic pitch shifter so if i needed to could drop my guitar a note? like for playing drop c or something? Im going to look around some more but dunno where to start.
My gibson RD has onboard compression/expansion and a bright switch. i find these REALLY handy, its all stock to. should look into that mate
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Is there a built-in fuzz box or something that can be turned off(bypassed) and then turned on when i want to by a switch or something. then it can give good distortion or just a compression/expansion effect for long sustain while still being stable. just being able to use it as a signal boost would be nice too. Those are the three main things i want to be able to switch between. Is there a fuzz box that could do those at the same time and then by like turning down a knob the distortion goes away and it's just the compression? I dont really like the Zvex fuzz cuz it apparently has a rep for having piercing sounds. oh, i guess it needs a noise gate too so i dont get background noise
yea most of them are pretty ****ty... but the circuits for fuzzes are usually pretty small and simple. Typcially you install them and add a switch to turn them off, or a push pull pot... they can really be installed however you want them too... you just got to know how to work em...

but if your looking for a higher end in guitar board your gonna be hard pressed to find one. I would just make one myself, but thats just me...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
....but if your looking for a higher end in guitar board your gonna be hard pressed to find one. I would just make one myself, but thats just me...

So instead of buying some comercial fuzz/distortion board, it'd be better just make one? Any good tutorials on the net or just a place to get the parts needed? hmm...
it really depends though if your comfortable making circuits. I have some basic knowlege with them, nothing extra ordinary but I can follow most schematics...

You could make something like
http://runoffgroove.com/sili-face.html
really small small enough to almost fit on the back of a pot in your control cavity

or
http://www.schematicheaven.com/effects/srs_fuzz.pdf

but I havn't used either of those so I can't really say how well they sound. But hell if you can find somewhere that sells onboard fuzz it might be worth it. Like I said a lot of fuzz circuits are usually smaller then stuff like delay or a flanger or something...

and if your not comfortable with reading schematics or soldering then finding something pre built might be best
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial