hey guys im just wondering:

lets take zakk wylde for an example, did he have to pay gibson to make his signature guitars? or do gibson approach the guitarists and pay them? thx
the guitar maker approaches the artist and gets em under contract to use their name. the artist is payed.

why the hell would you pay to get a sig guitar? would you have to pay for every guitar sold?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
A guitar brand will ask the guitarist if they can produce a signature model, normally after the guitarist has asked the brand to make a custom guitar for them in the first place. E.g. Zakk Wylde would have asked Gibson to have made him a couple of custom guitars, and then Gibson would have asked him if they could use his name on cut-price versions of those to sell to the mass public.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
A guitar brand will ask the guitarist if they can produce a signature model, normally after the guitarist has asked the brand to make a custom guitar for them in the first place. E.g. Zakk Wylde would have asked Gibson to have made him a couple of custom guitars, and then Gibson would have asked him if they could use his name on cut-price versions of those to sell to the mass public.

Yeah he nailed it on the head.

Of course if you're NOT a famous artist but want a "one-off" custom/signature guitar of your own it can be arranged with most companies but is very expensive of course.
^Pretty much. In some cases, a brand will approach an artist to make a signiature model purely for the sakes of money-grabbing - See Squiers' Avril and Derryck/whatever that sum 41 dude's name is models.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United