So, at school I have to do an oral presentation. I was thinking about doing it on metal, and whether it is satanic or not. Of course, it's not, but I want to prove to the other kids in my class that just because I listen to metal doesn't mean i'm a satanist or whatever.

Has anyone else ever done an assignment on metal before, and how did you do?
I did one on Iron for chemistry. I guess that's metal...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I heard copper is pretty satanic.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by lceman13
Do it on a real genre.

This is the whole reason I am doing this for school.
why should you be required to explain what you believe in, if they don't understand, tell them to get f*cked

why would they want to listen to another metal assignment when they can walk to a music store and buy one of the many dvds explaining this sh*t
Quote by Dillona
I heard copper is pretty satanic.

Not as br00tal as calcium though.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Nothing is as brutal as lead. It's heavy, and it kills you.

However, I have actually done this exact project. I also did an oral that referenced Eric Clapton, Tenacious D, AC/DC and Ozzy Osbourne.
Quote by beau05
why should you be required to explain what you believe in, if they don't understand, tell them to get f*cked

why would they want to listen to another metal assignment when they can walk to a music store and buy one of the many dvds explaining this sh*t

What the ****? Is it their choice to listen? I have to do an oral, whyu not do it on something that interests me.
Quote by beau05

You sound like a religious fanatic.
Shut up.
Quote by Retro Rocker
You sound like a religious fanatic.
Shut up.

inactuality, i was pointing out the fact that a 'metal' assignment is well overplayed

its unoriginal, metal needs no explanation
i hate how people are so against metal. wtf. they have never listened to it but they can swear its satanic and all this ****. look at kiss, relativley tame for today but all those fundamentalists made a massive thing about it. sorry, do the assignment and show them all that metal is the best.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (EMG 81/85)
Fender Strat copy
Peavey Bandit 112
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Behringer OD 100 Distortion/Overdrive
Beringher FX 600 Digital Multi FX
Quote by beau05
inactuality, i was pointing out the fact that a 'metal' assignment is well overplayed

its unoriginal, metal needs no explanation

Anything that a person knows nothing about needs an explanation, especially something as broad as metal.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Anything that a person knows nothing about needs an explanation, especially something as broad as metal.

again, you are missing my point. maybe i was a bit vague, metal shouldnt have to be justified because of other peoples misguided opinions, maybe its just me
Quote by lceman13
Do it on a real genre.

Oh no you didn't!
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by beau05
again, you are missing my point. maybe i was a bit vague, metal shouldnt have to be justified because of other peoples misguided opinions, maybe its just me

Everyone who has an opinion needs to have justified reasons for it, otherwise they'd just be a fool talking complete shit.

The whole point of doing the presentation is to enlighten people about what metal is really about, so they can make up their own minds on how they feel about it.

And besides, why not defend your favourite genre
Quote by Retro Rocker
Everyone who has an opinion needs to have justified reasons for it, otherwise they'd just be a fool talking complete shit.

The whole point of doing the presentation is to enlighten people about what metal is really about, so they can make up their own minds on how they feel about it.

And besides, why not defend your favourite genre

it gets pretty tedious and tiresome, tis why i quit explaining and justifying myself, nor do i boast about the music i listen to

should you really be required to justify something very few people will pay attention to? maybe that few will be enough for your own piece of mind, but not for mine
if you are going to do a presentation on metal but gear more towards defending your stance as a social outcast then you are just going to get heckled.

At least, if i was in your class and you were going to do a speech on 'guyyyss im not weird, really!' i would beat on you
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
This is going to be tough. It depends whether your class mates are more or less open-minded. But gauging the reaction from some UGers here, I'd bet against it.

The BBC had an excellent series of documentaries about Rock. It's called Seven Ages of Rock. The 4th episode discussed Heavy Metal, tracing the history of the genre across the world and defending Metal colors like the motherland. I thought it was impressive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Ages_of_Rock#Programme_4:_Never_Say_Die
Here is an excerpt from the Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9JEbQGXWhg
And some more video's from the nest:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/sevenages/embeddable-video/

One advice: when you present it, don't be on the defensive. There will always be people that hate it. If you start countering their attacks, it will only fuel their rants. Tell them they don't have to like it, but that you're trying to teach them some of its history.

Best of luck.
i had to do my assingment on a band for music i did it on dream theater i got 30/30 was 16 pages in size 12 in year 8! biggest assingment ive ever done and the guy that marked it doesnt even really like dream theater so he had to read the whole timeline of the band (that i typed all my self none of it was copied and pasted)
Quote by beetroot10
i had to do my assingment on a band for music i did it on dream theater i got 30/30 was 16 pages in size 12 in year 8! biggest assingment ive ever done and the guy that marked it doesnt even really like dream theater so he had to read the whole timeline of the band (that i typed all my self none of it was copied and pasted)

The teachers don't actually read every single assignment they receive, they usually skim through it to see the effort you have put into it.
Quote by lceman13
The teachers don't actually read every single assignment they receive, they usually skim through it to see the effort you have put into it.

i talked to him after it because we ddint have results and he read it. cause he bought up random **** up about it like how he didnt know about their album that was released at the time of the twin towers and the picture was ironicly the twin towers on fire