Hi, im quite new to these forums, and was hoping someone here could give me some advice. I've been playing bass for a while now, and recently decided to start learning electric guitar. I bought a Crafter Cruiser ST-100 about 2 years ago, and have only really started playing it properly, but to be honest, it's a horrible guitar. It's based on a fender strat, but it's uncomfey, sounds terrible and really puts me off playing. I adjusted the truss rod and inotation and a couple of other things to make it sound better, and fitted some new strings, but it still sounds pretty bad.

So I've been looking at some other guitars, but I'm not really sure whats a good buy. I tried out an epiphone les paul junior and LP special 2, and i've also been told squire affinitys can be good, but depends on where it was made? Can anyone give me any advice on a good beginners guitar and what to look for? Thanks.
Epi les paul junior would be a good place to start of the Les paul 200 i saw both of these guitars at Cash converters for 200 each which is abargain
In all honesty it's probably the amp that's making it sound horrible, so it depends on what's more important - if it genuinely feels bad then maybe get a new guitar, but the things you're looking at aren't likely to feel a whole lot better. If you want to sound better, and you think that maybe the sound is what's making you dislike other things about the guitar, then get an amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i dont know who makes it, it came with the guitar. I'll have a look when i get home from work. All I know is it's a 10W, made in china and seems to be made of some cheap abs plastic.
In all honesty I'd go for an amp first, changing the guitar isn't going to change the sound, and if it sounds good then you may find the niggles you have with the gutar become a lot more bearable.

Roland Microcube ftw here.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp?sku=481169
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com