i'd like to change the tubes and try out different sounds on my mesa/boogie f-30 combo.
what do you recommend?
power tubes electro harmonix
preamp tubes tung-sol
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
not to advertise for them.... but check out eurotubes.com .

They sell JJ's tubes.... and are VERY helpful and knowledgeable about shaping tone through your tubes and can recommend types of tubes for the tones you are looking for.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Quote by brianthemayan

They sell JJ's tubes.... and are VERY helpful and knowledgeable about shaping tone through your tubes and can recommend types of tubes for the tones you are looking for.

nice. they criticize other companies.
are they better than stock mesa/boogie tubes?
Quote by brianthemayan

Bob is helpful, but frankly I avoid Eurotubes specifically because all he sells is JJ's. I've had very good results with Doug's Tubes. He also offers excellent advice and customer service, competitive prices, and a wide selection of tubes. What impresses me is that he'll often suggest a low priced tube where it's appropriate.

That said, I like JJ EL84's. Tung-sols in the preamp are also a solid recommendation.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Bob is helpful, but frankly I avoid Eurotubes specifically because all he sells is JJ's. I've had very good results with Doug's Tubes. He also offers excellent advice and customer service, competitive prices, and a wide selection of tubes. What impresses me is that he'll often suggest a low priced tube where it's appropriate.

That said, I like JJ EL84's. Tung-sols in the preamp are also a solid recommendation.

as for preamp tubes, do people usually change them in sets or selectively?
Quote by necrophilic
as for preamp tubes, do people usually change them in sets or selectively?

You can get very selective with preamp tubes. It all depends on what you're looking for. It's easier to change them in sets. Takes a little research to figure out what tube to put in what slot if you want to get fancy.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.