hey a bit of a random question, but im sort of wondering if anyone out there knows much bout animation, and software. i want to be able to make my own cartoons lol.

like full on cartoons, not some lame slide show esk thing, but full motion you know the works, looking for some top of the range software.

ANYONE? lol
I'm studing a course which deals with a whole bunch of stuff including animation.

Best thing to use would be Macromedia Flash, but i highly recommend taking the time to at least read a bunch of tuts or take lessons. Plus, you have to be extreamly patient, especially when dealing with hundreads to thousands of keyframes.
IRON MAIDEN
7 Feb 2008, Melbourne, Australia
23 Feb 2011, Melbourne, Australia
4 Mar 2011, Melbourne, Australia
------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube

Yeah flash all the way, I used to make animations in my spare time at college or whilst in web development. Defo take the tutorial and be very patient. Buying one of those USB drawing pads would be good if your serious about it.
ANIMATION eh? Flash is easily the best.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
yer nah, i've always wanted to. im the sort of kind you know, write songs, write books, draw etc...i sflash player very good, or is it just like cheapo looking stuff...like i want it to look good etc.... i dont think i'd enjoy spending months doing something that looked dodgey LOL
oh pretty dumb question, but do people draw up these animations by hand or on there computer lol?
Anyway you like, you can scan them in, I would recomend doing them on the comp, kinda like doing it in paint.
Toon Boom studio is good as well as flash.

If you're good at drawing, then invest in a decent graphics tablet.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl
Toon Boom studio is good as well as flash.

If you're good at drawing, then invest in a decent graphics tablet.

invest in a decent graphics tablet