As you can see from my guitar gear pics on my profile, i had this effect chain:

Amplifier <- Mega Distortion <- Overdrive <- Super Chorus <- Tuner <- Guitar

But i read somewhere a few days ago that the modelling effects such as chorus should be at the end of the effects chain.
So, i changed to this:

Amplifier <- Super Chorus <- Mega Distortion <- Overdrive <- Tuner <- Guitar

Is that information correct? Which effect chain should i use?

By the way, i haven't noticed any major change on the output sound after changing the order, so i guess the order isn't very important when you use only 3 effects, like me...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Well, putting the chorus after the distortion/overdrive devices makes the chorus sound cleaner and fuller. To the untrained ear, the sound won't make a difference, but when you get an ear for tone, it makes it different. The only change I would recommend is putting the distortion before the overdrive, since I'm guessing the overdrive serves as a gain/volume booster.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Chorus pedals are often used in either configuration before or after distortion for different sounds there should be a quite noticeable difference..
also try in the effects loop.
Shut up and play your guitar!
Quote by IncubusMan999
Well, putting the chorus after the distortion/overdrive devices makes the chorus sound cleaner and fuller. To the untrained ear, the sound won't make a difference, but when you get an ear for tone, it makes it different. The only change I would recommend is putting the distortion before the overdrive, since I'm guessing the overdrive serves as a gain/volume booster.

Thank you!

EDIT: just on a little note, 99.9% of the time i only use the distortion OR the overdrive. I never use them simultaneously, never felt the need to. But i'm still following your advice!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at May 7, 2008,
Quote by Linkerman
Thank you!

EDIT: just on a little note, 99.9% of the time i only use the distortion OR the overdrive. I never use them simultaneously, never felt the need to. But i'm still following your advice!

Righty-o then. I still think it would be benefical for you to do that, as you are, because if you are using the overdrive by itself, it runs through to the amp clean and gets a sweeter tone. No problem though bud!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
its personal preference really, try both out and see which YOU prefer
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
With three effect pedals it wont make that much difference even to really good ears, but even with a long fx chain there is no real right or wrong except if you have a lot of distortions/overdrives/boosts which can damage tuners, phasers, flangers, and such by overloading them with a higher than normal input. But otherwise its all about what sound YOU prefer. And besides, where would we be without guitarists who did "the wrong thing"? Such as putting holes in speaker cones.
Quote by guy_tebache
With three effect pedals it wont make that much difference even to really good ears, but even with a long fx chain there is no real right or wrong except if you have a lot of distortions/overdrives/boosts which can damage tuners, phasers, flangers, and such by overloading them with a higher than normal input. But otherwise its all about what sound YOU prefer. And besides, where would we be without guitarists who did "the wrong thing"? Such as putting holes in speaker cones.

Not everyone is made out of money.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM