I'm on a really tight budget, but i'm looking into getting a tube amp to replace my Spider.. I'm considering these two, and i need to know the pros and cons of each. is it worth the money to get the 112? or should i save my money and spent the saved money on pedals? I really want a really versatile tube amp, i like to play alot of different stuff, alot of cleans, along with alot of metal, like Metallica and even as heavy as LoG and CoB.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
what is this amp for? practice or gigging? 50 watts is probably too much for just bedroom practice. the amps your talking about are very far apart power wise
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Quote by fretblaze
what is this amp for? practice or gigging? 50 watts is probably too much for just bedroom practice. the amps your talking about are very far apart power wise

Yeah, it would probably be mainly used for practice and bedroom playing, but i'm not sure how soon i would be gigging, and it i would need to a buy a new amp for it idk..
But for now, it would just be practice and bedroom playing.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
in that case why not go in between? 20-30 watts? ideal for bedroom practice and more than enough for a medium sized gig
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Quote by fretblaze
in that case why not go in between? 20-30 watts? ideal for bedroom practice and more than enough for a medium sized gig

Alright, i should look into it. Suggestions?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
what kind of budget are we actually talking?

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Quote by fretblaze
what kind of budget are we actually talking?

I'm thinking 500 or under, yet 500 is kinda pushing it.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
i love my vk112.

it is a little loud for bedroom practice, but it just sounds amazing when i play with friends and stuff. I played it tonight at church for the first time and i had to turn it down when it was on 4. It sounds amazing though.
Woohoo.
Quote by Iplayblues
i love my vk112.

it is a little loud for bedroom practice, but it just sounds amazing when i play with friends and stuff. I played it tonight at church for the first time and i had to turn it down when it was on 4. It sounds amazing though.

Can it be played at bedroom levels and still sound good though?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
yes, yes it can i have to play w. it under one, but it sounds a little compressed. When i get to turn it up to one of more it really opens up.
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Can it be played at bedroom levels and still sound good though?

Yeah, it sounds nice quiet, but it truly SHINES when you put it past 5.