Any thoughts on one versus the other? I've read that the Marshall is not loaded with a Celestion speaker, while the Kustom has 2 x 12 Celestions. I can purchase either one locally, and have the funds for either one. I read various posts related to the MG, and am not liking what I've read so far. Is it just because it's not a valve amp that everyone diss's on it so much? I've heard it live and to my ears it sounds very good. I've also heard the Kustom live and it too sounds good. So it's a toss up at this point. I've never owned a large amp and am looking for some direction. Intelligent replies only please. Thanks!
Last edited by LeftyDave at May 8, 2008,
what's ur budget? do you play in a band? what's ur music style?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Please don't get the MG.
It was a terrible choice

Look into the Roland Cube series.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
for this money you can get a used tube amp... both the marshall and the kustom are terrible
^haha

yeah the cube is a better practice amp than the mg, but i think the ts is looking for a large amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Get a 30 or 50 watt tube combo. It will be every bit as loud as the Kustom or the MG, but actually sound like a guitar amp and not a bee hive.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
The threadstarter said "intelligent replies only please"

The cubes are awesome :P
And in that price range I doubt you could find anything better new.
Sure a VK or VJ are good after pedals/speaker changes whatever, but thats extra cash on top of the amp you need to spend.
If he wants to go second hand then yeah sure go tube !
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Neither, Laney VC30.

The TS lives in the US. Get a Peavey Classic 30/50 instead.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Dont know much about the SS kustom amps. Cant imagine getting much for the prices they are going for same with the MG. The Kustom tube amps are really nice. But the coupe 36 might be outside your price range.