and i am really really pissed off at this. i just got it three months ago and i had about 620 songs on there. Well at least i think its dead. last night i plugged it into my stereo and set the sleep timer. this morning when i woke up, it wouldnt turn back on. Anyway what do i do now? just email apple?
sry BTW, im not in the mood to search for the only ipod and itunes thread.

anyway thx for your help
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Quote by destroy_techno
Tried recharging it?

yea i went over to my computer just about immedietely after i noticed that it wouldnt turn on and i plugged it in and it did absolutely nothing. just black screen
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
yeah id try plugging it into power, my itouch battery sucks, it dies really quicky.
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
trye resetting it --> push the menu and the centre button togeter (+/- 6 sec) until you see the apple logo
warrenty?
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Hold down the center button + menu for 10 seconds and see if it reboots
Also check the lock button isn't on....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by new_kirk_hammet
warrenty?

yeah theres like a year on ipods i think, mine has one
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
I thought my xbox died but it turned out I had the wrong plug socket in, have you put the bettery in lol
Quote by Helpy Helperton
I thought my xbox died but it turned out I had the wrong plug socket in, have you put the bettery in lol

It isn't exactly that easy to just pop the battery out of an iPod. I'm sure his battery is in.
Quote by obvs
Hold down the center button + menu for 10 seconds and see if it reboots

ok thanx it worked....
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Try taking the battery out and putting it back in. That's what I do when my mp3 player freezes.

Edit: Blast, seems it's already fixed.
TRANSFORMICE

1.check the lock button isn't on....
2. if not, take battery out, and put back in
3. if battery doesn't work buy new one
4. ???????
5. profit

edit: oh already fixed...
PROFIT!!!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
You have to plug it in an wait more than just 5 secs. If an iPod's battery dies totally You have to plug it in and wait 10 to half an hour, for it to recover some of the battery

Cheers - FranticShredder
My Ipod died for real. When you turn it on it shows a Triangle with an ! and says www.apple.com/support I went there and the diagnosis was grim! Oh well, it's really old and it was probably time to get a new one anyway!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Joycey
Also check the lock button isn't on....

When I got my first iPod nano I had left it in my pants that my mom picked up and put into the washer AND the dryer.

After I found out, the thing looked physically fine to me but wouldn't turn on. I was so pissed for a week and then I woke up in the middle of the night and thought "wait I minute, I havent checked the lock" and behold the lock was on the whole time and it works just fine.

So amazingly the thing went through a washer and a dryer.
Quote by iron_maiden97
ok thanx it worked....

Haha, mine did the same thing as yours the day after I got it.
I was gutted.

Looked through nthe manual and found the reset thing, and it worked. =D

Seems like it wanted to be broken in or something, becuase it did that a couple of times the first 2 weeks I had it. Hasn't done it since in the past 2 years.