Any locals making the pilgrimage this year?

Amp Show

I'm not 100% yet, but I'm leaning that way. I went last year and had a great time. If I go, I'll be there with my son and my camera. Love to hear from anyone else who might be in attendance.

Here's a link to the picture thread I posted from last year's show: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581275
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Last edited by slatsmania at May 7, 2008,
It's a little far for me, but I'll make do with the pictures you take when you go.
Like in New York, New York?

Either way, I doubt I'd be able to make it. I saw your thread from last year, and needless to say, it was awesome.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by mr_hankey
It's a little far for me, but I'll make do with the pictures you take when you go.

+1

if we even had an amp show here, it'd probably be full of marshall mgs...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The NY Amp show in Piscataway, NJ

I'll have to check and see if I'm doing anything, maybe I'll check it out.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^^^ It's actually in New Jersey, but they know it's cooler to pretend it's really in NY.

Joisey ain't a bad trip from Pa., is it?

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Oh lawd... why can't it still be going on when I go to Jersey next month?

Funny thing is, I've stayed in that hotel, too...
Quote by slatsmania
^^^ It's actually in New Jersey, but they know it's cooler to pretend it's really in NY.

Joisey ain't a bad trip from Pa., is it?
Depends where you're coming from in PA. If you were referring to SSL27, it looks like he's way out west in PA, so that's a trip. I'm in central Jersey, so this show is like, a half hour at most from me.
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by SSL27
Like in New York, New York?

I want to wake up in a city, that never sleeps
And find I’m a number one top of the list, king of the hill
wow has it already been a year since the last time you tried to meet me at that hotel?

hey not bad $20, is a lot cheaper than seeing the car show at the javits.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
wow has it already been a year since the last time you tried to meet me at that hotel?

Must...resist...inappropriate jokes.
Quote by mr_hankey
Must...resist...inappropriate jokes.

Why start now???

slats, you lucky ba$tard! Have a great time!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
It is times like these that make me glad to live in New Jersey! And I am in north Jersey until Monday when my finals are done. Man I hope I remember to go. Its just gonna suck going solo
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
hmm, it would be worth the 4 or so hour drive to go if i wasnt going to be driving 4 1/2 hours on friday. and driving 13 or so hours in 2 days by myself isnt something i can do. why cant it be next weekend? maybe if i can get someone else to drive with me....

well slats, if no one else goes, you better at least take good pictures.
Quote by jof1029
hmm, it would be worth the 4 or so hour drive to go if i wasnt going to be driving 4 1/2 hours on friday. and driving 13 or so hours in 2 days by myself isnt something i can do. why cant it be next weekend? maybe if i can get someone else to drive with me....

well slats, if no one else goes, you better at least take good pictures.

Wow, four hours. I could drive through three (maybe four) countries in that amount of time.

I think you should go. Meet slats, more pics for us, etc.
Yeah, get pics up.
I wonder if the guys who made my CBB will be there.
I doubt it though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ah boo, I just remembered I'm busy Saturday. Maybe next year
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by BrainDamage
Depends where you're coming from in PA. If you were referring to SSL27, it looks like he's way out west in PA, so that's a trip. I'm in central Jersey, so this show is like, a half hour at most from me.

Yeah, I'm way out by Erie. So I guess there's no way in hell I'm gonna be able to make it.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Aw man, I'm still upstate in Oneonta for another week. Stupid finals being rescheduled, I would have been able to make it!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Alright, I'm out of bed. Looks like a battle to the death over who's going to get in the shower first, but then we're out of here. Have a couple cameras and a box of Flipsides packed. We're ready for the long haul.

Last call?

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I in fact had a chance to go to the amp show, but I had to make a choice between the chicago blues fest or the amp show.
Ultimately, I picked the blues fest since it'll last longer, and will have a chance to listen to/meet Honeyboy Edwards before he kicks the bucket.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
if you do make a thread about your trip, could you post a link in here? i don't want to miss it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?