So, my rig is a Peavy 50w Blue Vodoo 1/2 stack, Boss ME-50 and a Jackson DK ( Jap )........i have a $1,000 budget to upgrade......what would you do ? I play in a Classic Rock cover band.......new amp ?? toss the ME-50 for a GT8 ? go with stomp boxes ?
I am not to happy with current sound, seems to harsh, even when tweaking the ME-50
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Playing in a classic rock cover band really doesn't tell us a whole lot. Are you the only guitarist? Can you be more specific than "classic rock"? Is versatility or tone more important to you? etc.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Lead guitar........keyboard player sometimes plays rhythm.........tone is most important.......how about this......what do you think of my rig, and if it were yours, what would you do with a grand ?
I'm going to guess you don't have any of that gear at all, due to messing up the maker name.

With a grand if you still wanted a halfstack I'd get a Valveking head with a avatar 2x12 or 4x12 loaded with v30's.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Toss the Boss Multi-fx. Get a new amp I guess... I would get a mesa F-30/50 for 1 grand, and that way oyou have a good amount of gain to work with, and AMAZING cleans. If you don't believe me, search Mesa F30 on youtube... That would probably be the best thing in your pricerange.
Quote by ParryPerson
I'm going to guess you don't have any of that gear at all, due to messing up the maker name.

With a grand if you still wanted a halfstack I'd get a Valveking head with a avatar 2x12 or 4x12 loaded with v30's.

yeah swap a pretty good amp for a s*&$ one

ditch the multi fx and get some cool pedals and expensive pick ups or a shiny new guitar
Shut up and play your guitar!
Quote by plbrynt
yeah swap a pretty good amp for a s*&$ one

ditch the multi fx and get some cool pedals and expensive pick ups or a shiny new guitar

2/10
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
" I'm going to guess you don't have any of that gear at all, due to messing up the maker name."

ParryPerson.....If you are not 16 or older don't bother to reply...........you are wasting my time,
Anybody else have a stupid reply ?
Quote by ron1233
" I'm going to guess you don't have any of that gear at all, due to messing up the maker name."

ParryPerson.....If you are not 16 or older don't bother to reply...........you are wasting my time,
Anybody else have a stupid reply ?

Guess I was right. Also it's called the "quote" button. As for "age" I don't have mine hidden in my profile, whereas you do. I'm guessing since you said "16 or older" that you are indeed, 16.

Enjoy your Peavey Blue Voodoo

LOL
Quote by HxCori<3
LOL ?? are you kidding me !!! you are only a few yrs younger than me....
OMG!
TISNF !!
Are you EMO ?
Alright man, much of classic rock was based off British voiced amps so try and look around there. The Peavey Classic 50 would suit you well, has that extra headroom. But if it is too powerful just go with the 30. You can also try the F-30/50 like someone said, even though they are American voiced. I can get a nice almost Marshall crunch outta mine. A JCM 900 might be good for you as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals