experinced guitar player running a Jackson Dinky with seymour duncans JB. now my problem. its either between a Marshall JCM DSL 50 or TSL 60 or the Line 6 Spider Valve 212.

i dont want to get the DSL 100 or TSL 100 cause im never going to use that much power and i dont want to blow the windows out of my house.

i also dont want the dsl or tsl combo because if im going to invest in the marshall i want the half stack.

the line 6 spider valve is a serious thought because its tone is killer along with the versatility.

someone help
Marshall JCM is a classic man, you can get alot of tones out of those amps. It is going to be your best bet for any style of music
Why are you bothered about it being a half-stack? Surely your only concern should be how good it sounds, in which case forget all three and get yourself something like a Traynor YCV50 Blue, Peavey Classic, Peavey 6505 or even Bugera combo based on the kind of stuff you play. How much money do you have and what do you play?

If you're worried about the power of a 100 watt stack then you don't want a 50 watt stack either, i's only 5-10% quieter - even a 30 watt tube combo is more than capable of blowing your windows out without even breaking a sweat.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You only really need a half-stack if you either need the volume for a large gig, or the tone for serious professional recording.
i ahve about 800-1000 to spend, im prolly gonna get the marshall head off of ebay.

ive never tired any of the traynor head amps. aparently they are liked amogst ultimate-guitar becuase i hear alot about them.

unfortuantly ive also never tried either of the peavys u mentioned.

i just loved the tone i got out of the marshall DSL 100. i just wanted to make sweet love to that nice warm clean distortion
You can get a better-sounding combo for the same price as a DSL half-stack.

Try out more amps!
Quote by seymour_jackson
i ahve about 800-1000 to spend, im prolly gonna get the marshall head off of ebay.

ive never tired any of the traynor head amps. aparently they are liked amogst ultimate-guitar becuase i hear alot about them.

unfortuantly ive also never tried either of the peavys u mentioned.

i just loved the tone i got out of the marshall DSL 100. i just wanted to make sweet love to that nice warm clean distortion

The Traynor YCV50 Blue out-Marshalls the DSL tonewise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The DSL50 is a great choice. You can also get a 2x12 cabinet...or go for the gusto and get a 4x12 half stack. But as others have said the even the DSL 50 can be a loud amp...and should satisfy most volume needs. I got a great buy on a DSL50 on craig's list and won't have any (or at least not much) depreciation if I ever sell. Great deal all around!
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Umm...

Don't even try. You have no idea
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia