When i got home i turned on my computer and went onto UG to see that there was an article on fall out boy.

I felt obliged to read it before i started my coursework and i finished it and looked at the comments.

One comment said that Slash was the best guitarist ever and there was a comment in response to this saying that it was that persons opinion.

Then i got thinking. Most things are peoples opinions in the case of guitarists i find Larry Lalonde to be an amazing guitarist this is my opinion.

This lead me to conclude that there is in fact a guitarist in the world which is technically the best guitarist who exceeds every other guitarist in technique etc.

This therefore makes the opinion of the best guitarist void as there will always be someone who is the best.

Am i onto something here or does this just not make sense?
You must not been pondering what I was pondering. I was on to something about world domination...
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by str84ever
When i got home i turned on my computer and went onto UG to see that there was an article on fall out boy.

I felt obliged to read it before i started my coursework and i finished it and looked at the comments.

This is where you fail......
Quote by metaldud536
Go back to your coursework.

+1

Technical skills alone don't make someone the best.

Emotion or "soul", and creativity also play a factor.

Who has the best of all of these?

Well that my friend, is a matter of opinion.
The only objective judge of it would be someone who knew the ins and outs of every guitarists' in the world playing.

In my own personal experience and opinion, the guitarist that I would think of as most capable to play most music is Steve Vai.
Quote by blue_strat
The only objective judge of it would be someone who knew the ins and outs of every guitarists' in the world playing.

In my own personal experience and opinion, the guitarist that I would think of as most capable to play most music is Steve Vai.

I really quite like Vai. He is way up there on my list but i also think there is someone who is better than anybody but just isn't discovered. thats why no. 1 will never be filled
Quote by saphrax
Narf!

PINKY AND THE BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ebay Help > asking a dog for help > The Pit

Quote by brady12345
dude, you have a camera, go kick some people in the nuts and run
Quote by -GuitarHero-
PINKY AND THE BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason that word is funnier than any curse word Pinky could exclaim if the writers let him. It's so random and sound hilarious.

......NARF!
Quote by Vagabond21
+1

Technical skills alone don't make someone the best.

Emotion or "soul", and creativity also play a factor.

Who has the best of all of these?

Well that my friend, is a matter of opinion.

1. I said etc. i was not listing all the points which make a guitarist good.

2. That isn't an opinion there is someone in the world for a fact who is the best at all those things i don't know who but there is there has to be there is no opinion about it.

Its like for example if everyone in the world took a test there would have to be someone who passed them all with the top grades who is the top in the world. There just has to be someone.
Quote by metaldud536
For some reason that word is funnier than any curse word Pinky could exclaim if the writers let him. It's so random and sound hilarious.

......NARF!

Kind of like Shaggy saying "Zoinks" or Velma saying "Jenkis" on Scooby Doo.

Sure, it would be funnier if was more like:

Shaggy- Like **** man, there's the Green Ghost!
Velma- Holy ****!
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
there is no one person who is better then everyone else at everything. sure there may be someone who better than everyone else at one or two things, but everything is too much to factor in.
Quote by Brandon860
Kind of like Shaggy saying "Zoinks" or Velma saying "Jenkis" on Scooby Doo.

Sure, it would be funnier if was more like:

Shaggy- Like **** man, there's the Green Ghost!
Velma- Holy ****!

Yea but Zoinks doesnt top Narf.

I mean come on.....NARF!
the only way to really know for sure, is to gather every single guitarist (dead or alive)
and hold a vote.
but then again, whats to stop them all for voting for themselves, hence the vote being tied in some undescribable number.
i think it a matter of opinion.
there's no best guitarist.
Quit the competetive stuff, and enjoy the music instead :p
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
to be a "guitarist" you need more than just technique; with only technique, all you can do is operate a machine.

i would say that the successful guitarists all possess at least a certain level of technique, but what makes people differ in opinion is musical preference; i dont listen to a lot of Vai or Satriani, because their particular styles dont appeal to me.

however, i would rather listen to them than the "best guitarist in the world" as determined solely by technique. and even with technique there are differences of opinion on what is right and what is wrong.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
There is no best. As seen in this thread, Steve Vai is a common choice as the "best" guitar player, if a "best" had to be named. However, I prefer Kurt Cobain 10x over anything I've heard from Vai.

So therefore, there will always be differing opinions, and since the "best" guitar player is simply a matter of opinion, there will never be a single "best" guitarist.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I made a thread about "What Makes A Good Guitarist" 2 days ago, I don't think you can have a "best" guitarist though

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by metaldud536
Go back to your coursework.

Thread owned in 1 post lol.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by captainjackass
Congrats TS, you learned something most of us had by 7th grade!

unfotunately, you arent out of 7th grade yet.

this guys onto something
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...