Im thinking of geting some new pickups for my bass. Are EMG selects any good?
1983 Fender P-bass, Its all stock, I dont know what tone I want but the EMGs (pasive) I want are only $35 on the web. Can I go bad with these?
I'd think your stock p/u's are better than the EMG's. Another option would be Seymour Duncan quarter pounders. I've heard good things about those.
Quote by Sly Taco
I'd think your stock p/u's are better than the EMG's. Another option would be Seymour Duncan quarter pounders. I've heard good things about those.

I agree. Also you might want to look at Lindy Fralins as well. I have the SD quarter pounders and they are punchy as hell.
I was thinking of the quarter pounders, they seem pritty cool. Well I dont know if my pickups are original because there tan not black like all of the other P-basses and ugly as sin. I like Punk if that helps
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love the DiMarzio DP127's! The sustain for ever, have a nice bright but still really bassy tone. They're ceramic so you don't have to worry about rust. They come with nice long wires so you don't have to stretch them to the brink of ripping out the connection wires from the pup. I just love them and will always recommend them to anyone. For $75 you can't go wrong with em.
GAS List:
Nothing
The DiMarzio DP127's seem really hi-end but I dont know if I want to spend $80+ bucks on them. What is a humbucker? Sorry Im new to this
EMG selects are the budget line of EMG, like Ducan Designed to Seymour Duncan.

Quite frankly, your current pickups are pretty damn good.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1