I need some examples of all types cadences and nonharminc tones in modern music, because the only ones I know of are sacred music and I'm supposed to write a peice in music theory and I want to see some modern examples
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by TDKshorty
I need some examples of all types cadences and nonharminc tones in modern music, because the only ones I know of are sacred music and I'm supposed to write a peice in music theory and I want to see some modern examples

I know nothing of music theory, but Kerry King's solos are nonharmonic tones as far as I'm concerned.
Could you give us an example of one? Trying to figure out what they are by reading up on it.

To my understanding you would probably find a lot in chill techno music.
Quote by saphrax
I know nothing of music theory, but Kerry King's solos are nonharmonic tones as far as I'm concerned.

ok....
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
if you want serious answers maybe try Musician Talk?
from daylight...
...into darkness
from what i can tell, the ending from Saturday Superhouse by Biffy Clyro is an imperfect cadence
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
from what i can tell, the ending from Saturday Superhouse by Biffy Clyro is an imperfect cadence

fo' sho'

it just doesn't sound right. just look up tabs from some of your favorite artists and check out the way they end...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Are you talking about disonance? Because there is a lot of that in Slayer's music. Check the intro to Seasons in the Abyss (it's not a very hard song, don't worry) to see what I mean.

EDIT: And check out the track Eyes of the Insane (they won a Grammy for that tune you know):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG-URrxlCHg

They use discordant notes and key changes which are given greater emphasis and dramatic impact by scordatura - downtuning the guitar strings to an unnatural off key level.
Last edited by Renka at May 7, 2008,