Did anyone have trouble adjusting to playing a different scale guitar from their previous one? My Epi LP was a 24.75" scale, and when I switched to my Fender, (25.5"), I had a bit of difficulty playing some things. Anyone else have troubles or problems, and is it normal? It seems like it is, but I'm curious.
The only thing that might make any real difference is the string tension but I've never had any problems, in fact I prefer the 25.5".
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I barely noticed the difference when I got my LP. I swap between the two now with no difficulties. I'd recommend keeping the string gauge on your Epi one higher than on your Fender to balance the difference in tension - or at least a heavier bottomed gauge (eg 10-52 vs 10-46).
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
I find it easier going back from a larger scale length to a shorter scale length, i seem to have way more control over the fretboard on a shorter scale guitar like a les paul. But i never try and keep to a shorter scale for too long as it's weird going back after a long time, like from 24.75" to a 27"
I jumped from the Ibanez Wizard II neck to Les Paul neck. Not a big different, really.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Did anyone have trouble adjusting to playing a different scale guitar from their previous one? My Epi LP was a 24.75" scale, and when I switched to my Fender, (25.5"), I had a bit of difficulty playing some things. Anyone else have troubles or problems, and is it normal? It seems like it is, but I'm curious.

yeah i went to 261/2 with the hellraiser and its tough to go between the two my hands are small so im needing to revert back to 25 despite having a 7 string requirement. However with the longer scale the upper frets are a bit wider which helps soing but sus chords on a 261/2 down the neck is too tough for me.
i prefer the 24.75 scale.
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez - RG 321 (EMG 81 / 85)
Ibanez K5 (original model)
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
I went from the PRS scale of 25" to the Prestige neck on my RG which i think is 25.5" not a great deal of difference really but I found it much easier to play up the register with the Ibanez neck. Im not sure if its the longer neck scale or just the AANJ giving me better upper fret access.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso