So the thing is, I've never owned a Squier Bullet myself, but I hear they're unbelievably, unbearably bad. But after all it's a Fender Squier product, so could someone explain to me why they are so hated and everything? What makes them so bad? I'm not thinking of buying one or anything, but 'coz I've never played one, what about them is so bad? thanx.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
The squier bullets are bad, but theyre £80 guitars. YOu get what you pay for, however the squier standards, affinities and vintage mod range have some very good products. Dont jump on the squier bashing bandwagon. THey make some good products for the money.
I have one myself and what can i say its the cheapest squier guitar around.well...its bad bad quality controll i guess...mine has chips paint falls etc. tremolo got rusty...bad pickups bad wood well... yeah u get the point its a guitar for you to learn to play on it ...no more
Quote by Teen Spirit
could someone explain to me why they are so hated and everything? What makes them so bad? I'm not thinking of buying one or anything, but 'coz I've never played one, what about them is so bad? thanx.

Quote by Teen Spirit
it's a Fender Squier product

Answered your own question.
Thing is its cheap, like really cheap so your not getting much for your money. I have played them they are crap to play just need to face it lol
Manchester United
so is it the quality that's bad, or the fact that it's a cheap thing with nothing special on it? They get ridiculously high ratings on reviews, but i'm presuming that's 'coz they're only beginners play them, and beginner reviews aren't really good.....

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Squiers do seem to be rated crap a lot, but they are cheap (the one thing going for them). Because of the low price, I think I might buy a Squier Bullet just so I can mod it without the risk of destroying a good guitar.
Quote by timi_hendrix
That looks like a digestive biscuit that's been thrown up by a cat.
^oh, I get it. So it's like practically a crappy base to build on.

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
I think that in general the Squier models just use less expensive parts to make the guitar. You wont get the same tone or longevity of the product and it wont feel as good as the nice finished more expensive ones. It will play... and for beginners thats all that really matters because they can't tell the difference anyways.
Someday someone is going to mistake an Esquire for a Squier and a Fender Bullet for a Squier Bullet.
Guitars:
1968 Telecaster (MIA)
1979 Strat (MIA)
1983 Fender Bullet S3 (MIA)
2007 Gibson VM LP (MIA)
2007 Fender Telecaster Highway I (MIA)
1978 Fender Acoustic (MIT)
Last edited by 68 Tele at May 7, 2008,
Haha the funny thing is my buddy said he has an Esquire... wtf is that? lol I was like what? you probably have some Squire strat. (I'm pretty sure all he does have is a Squier lol - but i haven't seen it. but i showed him some pics of the Squier and he was like ya thats what it is.)
Last edited by Exodus04 at May 7, 2008,
I own mine.
I played a custom strat handmade worth 2000€ and guess what?
I didn't feel the 1900€ difference...yea...I would pay maby 500-800 bucks more...but hey...why would I if I'm happy with my bullet?
I got it moded...I thru the master volume away...and left two tone controls...that one was bothering me when palm-muting. So...the first tone is now master volume and the other is master tone. And I've got a Seymour Duncan Invader in bridg position. It kicks b**t

edit: my bridge got rusty too...and when I use tremolo it falls out of tune in a second...but I never use tremolo so I don't care. Cuz otherwise it stays in tune.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
I own mine.
I played a custom strat handmade worth 2000€ and guess what?
I didn't feel the 1900€ difference...yea...I would pay maby 500-800 bucks more...but hey...why would I if I'm happy with my bullet?
I got it moded...I thru the master volume away...and left two tone controls...that one was bothering me when palm-muting. So...the first tone is now master volume and the other is master tone. And I've got a Seymour Duncan Invader in bridg position. It kicks b**t

edit: my bridge got rusty too...and when I use tremolo it falls out of tune in a second...but I never use tremolo so I don't care. Cuz otherwise it stays in tune.

Squier Bullets are fine for beginners but other than that, theyre not very good overall guitars. Bad wood, crummy pickups etc. The other squiers like the affinities do seem to be pretty decent though.