The best SS amp ever made? State your opinion? I got 3 tube amps, and I'm considering investing in a good SS amp.
Ibanez RG570
Carvin TL-60T
MESA Mk3 black stripe
Carvin X-100B
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
FUlltone Clyde Deluxe
Blackout Effectors Fix'd fuzz
Hmm... Roland Jazz Chorus? It hugely depends on what you want and what you play.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Roland JC-120 for cleans and Randall RG100ES for metal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
why even bothering yourself with SS amp if you have 3 tube amps already? xD
better sell them and get a even better tube amp
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
not an amp, but a preamp, so far is the best SS device I've heard on the market IMO. Fractal Audio's AxeFX. It's the closest I've heard to the an actual tube amp, so far. I can't bring myself to spend 1700 bucks on a SS modeler, but it surpasses anything else I've heard in the digital market.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
imo the rockman line of preamps and effects are the best you can get.

and the A12-50 is a great little recording amp
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Again, not an entire amp (just a preamp), but Tech21's SansAmp PSA 1.1 gets my vote.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
The best? I have no idea. But after I score a Krank Rev. Jr. I plan on adding a Vetta for variety.
it would be that thing bb king uses. i dont remember the name. it sounds like a twin reverb though.
Ampeg VH140C for metal
Roland Jazz Chorus for cleans
ISP Theta 300 for all around amazingness ($1,700)
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Definitely not the jazz chorus.
The old marshall mosfets are pretty good. So are the gibson lab series.
^No, it's not.
"I use an amp called a Lab System, and I've been using that ever since they first came out. The thing nearest to it is the Fender Twin. When I'm overseas -- and if something happens to mine, and I can't get another one -- I'll use a Fender Twin. But otherwise I keep the Lab all the time."
He uses gibson Lab amps, the 5 series IIRC.
Quote by mr_hankey
PRS HG-70?

*is intrigued*
Is that a modeller or what?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by Roc8995
Definitely not the jazz chorus.
The old marshall mosfets are pretty good. So are the gibson lab series.

+1, I've heard good things about the old mosfets.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I would say some sort of Hughes & Kettner. Maybe the Switchblade, but there's probably one that's better.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by cmakkidguitar
*is intrigued*
Is that a modeller or what?

Some of you may have heard of the PRS HG-70 Harmonic Generator. In the early 90s, PRS set out to design a top-fight guitar amp using transistor technology, and the PRS HG-70 Harmonic Generator was the result, without doubt one of the sweetest, warmest solid-state guitar amps ever made.

The Harmonic Generator's circuitry was designed primarily by Eric Pritchard, currently of Pritchard Amps, and was innovative in two key ways. First was the use of a harmonic generator (surprise!) that was used to add additional harmonics to the amp's basic tone to create a lively, more tube-like sound and response to playing touch. Secondly, the PRS HG-70 was one of the very few transformer output-coupled transistor amps ever designed. In essence, it actually utilized an output transformer, much like a tube amp. However, after PRS dropped the amplifier project, Pritchard remained convinced that a solid state amplifier could sound like the classic amplifiers. With this conviction, Deja Vu Audio was born which later developed into Pritchard Amps.

Only 350 or so made. They had one at a shop near me, but I never got a chance to try it out.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I would say some sort of Hughes & Kettner. Maybe the Switchblade, but there's probably one that's better.

The switchblade is tube. It does sound pretty processed and lifeless though, so I can see how you would be confused.
I actually love good quality solid states. I've used a tube amp for about 3 or 4 months and its great, but just recently i've been going back to my old solid states. that Torque T100TR i used to use would be damn near perfect if it wasn't so muffled sounding. I also have a marlin thing thats pretty nice sounding. Older solid states seem to be a hell of a lot better than more recent amps like the Marshall MG. I dream of owning a MOSFET. honestly, i have some serious GAS for a lead 100 MOSFET.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i have an early 2000 mosfet kustom amp. great sound. well its far from thebest solid state.. the best solid i've heard would have to be an old Sunn alpha 212 reverb.. early 70's amp. truly awesome
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
The one that was converted into a cab for a tube amp. JK, I'm voting with Mr. Hankey. He knows his stuff.
ampeg vh140c.
out brutal's the 5150.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10