Hmm.. Does anyone own it? So far what I've seen of it, it looks like an awesome guitar and value...HAVE I BEEN MISLED???
Slash himself said he would use it. so it must be good.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
i prefer the new herman li sig but the slash one is also very cool
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
i prefer the new herman li sig but the slash one is also very cool

There's a Herman Li sig? I have yet to see this.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
^Yeah, it's a purple Ibanez S with gold hardware.

The slash guitar is alright, but I wouldn't pay any more than a regular Epi LP costs for it. The pickups are better, sure, but you can upgrade that on your own, for cheaper. And yes, I've played it.
Quote by Mannequin
There's a Herman Li sig? I have yet to see this.

An Ibanez S with new pickups and some useless features. You're not missing out on much.
Quote by Mannequin

Well what do you expect him to say?
"Oh, no my signature guitar sucks, I would never use one. Their only purpose is to make me money, so go buy one,."
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by webbtje
An Ibanez S with new pickups and some useless features. You're not missing out on much.

not missing out on much?! it looks quite amazing, and im sure it also sounds amazing. and the "useless features" are what makes it herman's sig, wouldn't you say?

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Hoodoo Child
not missing out on much?! it looks quite amazing, and im sure it also sounds amazing. and the "useless features" are what makes it herman's sig, and justifies it being hideously overpriced and a huge gimmick pandering to the new generation of dragonforce fanboys, wouldn't you say?

Fixed.

Oh, and it 'looks' like a normal Ibanez S with a silly grip under one of the horns and a weird paintjob.
Quote by webbtje
Fixed.

Oh, and it 'looks' like a normal Ibanez S with a silly grip under one of the horns and a weird paintjob.

lol you obviously have no taste whatsoever. and surely that type of ibanez is expensive anyway? and i never said anything about dragonforce. just herman li. you don't have to like dragonforce to like herman li. if that were the case,then anyone who likes slash obviously like several different bands, just because they like slash, do they?

Quote by cornmancer
aha but herman usually uses ibanez s prestige, for most of his work, and i thought that was what his sig is based on. and i notice you havent commented on the slash remark.

Quote by cornmancer
OMG- you ... LOOK, I WAS ASKING PURELY ABOUT THE SLASH SIG- OK? I might get the gibson one, but not sure..probably not the 10k $ one, anyways-lol
and as for Herman Li- I couldn't care less- he can't even play his own solos properly( Through the fire and the flames SUCKS live, check youtube) So yeah...some real feedback would be welcome
Quote by ir1s1
OMG- you ... LOOK, I WAS ASKING PURELY ABOUT THE SLASH SIG- OK? I might get the gibson one, but not sure..probably not the 10k $ one, anyways-lol
and as for Herman Li- I couldn't care less- he can't even play his own solos properly( Through the fire and the flames SUCKS live, check youtube) So yeah...some real feedback would be welcome

check them out at download 2007. best live performance by them ive ever seen.

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Hoodoo Child
and i notice you havent commented on the slash remark.

It made no sense. Say it again.

Quote by ir1s1
Hmm.. Does anyone own it? So far what I've seen of it, it looks like an awesome guitar and value...HAVE I BEEN MISLED???

Buy a normal Epi and whack some new pickups in it if you care that much. You'll save yourself a lot of hassle.
As for A7X- hate 'em- they support new GnR, and that's just..low- as for your comment about slash being in different bands, don't get it, but I can tell you I've liked all the bands he's ever been in And I heard the epi on youtube, sounded alright..just asking for someone that owns it or something..Cuz I'm not near a guitar shop that has them at the moment
Quote by webbtje
It made no sense. Say it again.

you were talking about how i must like dragonforce if i like herman li. so surely, judging by that comment, someone who likes slash must like gnr, slashs snakepit, velvet revolver, and all the countless other bands he's been in ?

and where did a7x come into this?

Quote by cornmancer
Last edited by Hoodoo Child at May 7, 2008,
Quote by Hoodoo Child

you were talking about how i must like dragonforce if i like herman li. so surely, judging by that comment, someone who likes slash must like gnr, slashs snakepit, velvet revolver, and all the countless other bands he's been in ?

I never did. All I said is that guitar panders to the Dragonforce/Herman Li fans, just as the Slash epi is pandering to the Slash fans.
Jeez..well Guitar World reviewed it well I guess the pickups are one thing- but how about the profile neck, the finish,and stuff?lol, it seems like a good guitar, are you guys just against Slash?XD
I have a pathological hatred of about 95% of all signature guitars. The Rusty Cooley and John Petrucci ones are the only ones I find not to be enormous marketing schemes.
Quote by Mannequin

I'll believe it when I see him playing it!
That's not a problem- he has tons of videos where he plays it, furthermore there are videos on youtube of people playing it- all sounding really good...
I'd like to play the Slash sig. Epiphone. I'd say it probably is overpriced but it's had great reviews from Guitar World and Guitarist Magazine (who's opinion I respect over any other magazine)
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
I'd like to play the Slash sig. Epiphone. I'd say it probably is overpriced but it's had great reviews from Guitar World and Guitarist Magazine (who's opinion I respect over any other magazine)

Guitar World's reviews are hardly trustworthy, though. They're paid to give everything they review a 5 out of 5.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by Mannequin

that's called promoting.

you think he really would?
no, he always plays with Gibson.
I have played it at the guitar store and it feels and sounds great. It's actually not a bad deal because they throw in a hard case and strap.
yeah straps cost alot.

I'm sure if you just snatch the right kind of les paul and throw some seymours on it it'll be just as good.
THANK you..finally someone that's played it... Hmm, I suppose just getting a proper les paul with seymours would be smarter... But I think only if you get a Gibson, cuz epiphone's are practically valueless
I bought the Epi. Standard Plus the day it came out, the guitar is awesome. The sound, quality, look's etc. is excellent. The best purchase i've made in a long time, glad i got my hand's on one.
That's the one that's the top end of the epi les pauls slash, right? I think that's the one I'm getting- how much did it cost ya?
I own an epi lespaul with sd alnico pro 2's in it and it sounds brilliant!! I would save yourself some money, get a normal epi and whack some new pups in!!
Quote by Hoodoo Child
lol you obviously have no taste whatsoever. and surely that type of ibanez is expensive anyway? and i never said anything about dragonforce. just herman li. you don't have to like dragonforce to like herman li. if that were the case,then anyone who likes slash obviously like several different bands, just because they like slash, do they?

You have no good taste in music what so ever.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

The Epi Slash LP is a regular Epiphone Standard Plus Top with two SD Alnico II Pro pickups in (which are pretty cheap pickups anyway). For the same price as the Slash signature you can just buy a production Standard Plus top, put the pickups in yourself, and you'll save about £140-£200 but end up with exactly the same guitar.

The old Slash signature there was a point too because it has the power bridge that wasn't something you could easily add in yourself. All the other Epi signature guitars have a point to them because they too also all offer something unique that's hard to replicate. But the Slash one is easy and cheap to replicate - why bother?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Because the neck profile is different!and you get a caseand a good feeling I also like the Gibson Perry sig, with the Bigsby, however..well..its a bit pricier XD
Well with prices taken from guitar center a Epiphone standard plus top is 550, alnico pro 2's are 100 each, thats 750 right there not to mention the case and strap. I say if you want it play it and if you like it buy it.
the four that were on display at my local GC all had ****ed up knobs. their $500 epiphone customs looked like a way better deal.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead