I took all of the string off of it to change them and I heard that it makes the tremolo out of wack? but mine was only out pushed all the way down for as little bit. How can i tell if it messed it up?
Yes my name is Tom Petty.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
(crappy)RED Marshall Mg100hdfx Halfstack
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Put some new strings on and you'll see/we can tell you.

YOu should already know how to adjust it and tune it, tbh, oherwise you're in for a bit of a nightmare.
So if i put it back on and all seems well i should be ok?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
I allways take of all of my strings before putting on new, nothing wrong wit my trem..
Quote by tommyp484
So if i put it back on and all seems well i should be ok?

It's going to take you about an hour to restring and get it back in tune
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It's going to take you about an hour to restring and get it back in tune

yeah it did.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by tommyp484
I took all of the string off of it to change them and I heard that it makes the tremolo out of wack? but mine was only out pushed all the way down for as little bit. How can i tell if it messed it up?

Enjoy your living nightmare that is a floyd rose.

Tremolo should be fine, but next time i suggest restringing it one string at a time
Quote by cruc1a7
next time do 1 string at a time?

+1

A floyd works on balance....string tension=spring tension. Each string will hold a specific amount of tension when the things in tune and the bridge is level. When it;s in tune everything is hunky dory, but as soon as you take it out of tuning it causes problems. If you change the tension of one string all the other strings have to change to compensate.

If, for arguments sake, your trem springs are generating 6lbs of tension then your strings need to generate 6lbs of tension to balance. In reality they'll all be different, but for the sake of simplicity let's assume all our strings are identical and they all hold 1lb each. Detuning a string will decrease the amount of tension, but the system still needs to balance so the tension in the other strings will increase, so if one string drops to 0.95 lbs every other string would have an increase of .01lbs so overall there's still 6lbs of tension there. That means everythings out of tune.

If you take one string off then you've got to bring them all up to tension, that'd be difficult enough if all the strings were identical but with them all being different it's a nightmare. If you just take one string off you lose a chunk of tension, but the same gauge string in the same tuning will, by definition, hold the same amount of tension so all you need to do is replace it and tune it up - once it reaches the correct pitch you'll find that all the other strings are back in tune and the bridge is stil level.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com