my band is playing in an open air concert and i found that my guitar goes out of tune realy easy
my guitar:
and i was planning on fitting my guitar with some locking nuts
is this a good idea? or are there any other ways of keeping it in tune?
you'd have better luck with locking tuners. I hear that a rolling bridge also helps, but I think that's geared more towards people with a Bigsby.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
lol your guitar is flaming...

But seriously that is cool looking. Epi? Can't read the headstock...

Um, I would reccomend this:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar-513103-i1147996.gc

That's a guitar a friend of mine has and I would definitely buy one if I had the cash handy. has locking nuts and a FR
Quote by Unofficial
You're right, **** being 15, you guys are all jerks.

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

My Roflcopter pwns your Roflcopter

Firm supporter in having a first ever drum forum
A locking nut is 99% useless and 100% stupid if you don't have fine tuners on the bridge. Locking tuners, on the other hand, are a fantastic idea.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
yeah it is a epi

and thanks for the help wheres the best place to get some locking tuners in the uk?
Locking tuners, and perhaps a better nut. The tuners alone would do it though.

Just checking, are you stretching your strings when you change them?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Yea locking tuners would work wonders. A cheaper alternative is tightening the screw that holds the butterfly-shaped knob on to the tuner. That will tighten the grip and cause the strings not to go out of tune so easily when you bend strings or play for a while. This will also make it more stiff when you to go tune, but its fine.

On a further note, everyone's guitars go out of tune. In fact, my band and i played a show right near the ocean when it was cloudy and the humidity was high. We tuned up and not 1 song later we were all out of tune, so we re-tuned. Just saying, it happens to everyone and it's worse when you are outside imo.

Good luck though and have fun!
I second tightening the screw on the tuner but also be sure to do a lock on your string when you put new strings on, this works wonders for the 4 thinner strings on any guitar but I would probably go with locking tuners if I was playing a concert...
or even a new guitar...because those are always fun haha