I have the standard Dunlop Crybaby Wah. The problem I have with it is that it is just so high end and has a really harsh treble. Is there anyway to give it a little more low end to it? Thanks.
Hmm, i think i get what your saying and you want it to sound more like when its in the "rocked back" position when it's all the way rocked forward?
What i did to increase my treble was to open it up and make sure that the knob that the teeth roated against was set all the way forward in order to produce the highest wah possible. So you might try that.

Open the bottom of your wah and there will be that piece of plasic with teeth on it anchored to the bottom of the pedal itself that will mesh with the teeth that are on that pot. My pedal has a piece of white plastic to keep the piece from the pedal in constant contact with the teeth on the pot. I took that off, rocked the pedal all the way back and rolled the pot down and then meshed the teeth together.

Sorry id i didnt explain it well, but it takes some guess and test. You are bascially trying to, in your case, limit the amount of wah it actually produces by about a tooth. So play around with it to get it the way you want.

Other guys might tell you a capacitor here or there or something and that might work better than what i tried to explain, but im not very good at that stuff.
I know very little about this kind of stuff, but logic tells me that replacing the pot with a lower resistance one should help matters.

Someone who actually knows something about electronics can probably clear that up
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A very easy mod that doesn't even require soldering can help a bit:
Easy" range adjustment: Takes some of the shrill highs out of a Dunlop Crybaby. This one requires no soldering skills at all, and I regularly do it to many of the wahs I service. To lower/raise the working range slightly, set the wah on a table, face down with the battery end towards your gut, and press the pedal down to the stop. Remove the bottom plate and locate the toothed bar that turns the pot axle. Move the treadle up/down a few times, to familiarize yourself with which way the pot turns as you press the treadle down towards the toe end. With a phillips-head screwdriver, remove (or just loosen it enough to turn it sideways) the white plastic flange that presses the toothed bar against the pot axle gears, and release the bar. Now you can manually turn the pot one or two notches back. Viewed from the battery end, you turn the pot towards you (it's clockwise, if you view the pot assembly from the left). There is room to safely adjust it two notches or so before the pot runs out of play.

While you're at it, why not perform a couple of the other great mods found here? It really made my Crybaby a whole lot better.
Last edited by kyrreca at May 7, 2008,
Quote by kyrreca
A very easy mod that doesn't even require soldering can help a bit:

While you're at it, why not perform a couple of the other great modsfound here? It really made my Crybaby a whole lot better.

This worked, thank you.