http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7387113.stm

Ban on drinking alcohol on public transport!?

I use public transport a lot and I have only come across a couple of drunks in.... Going on 8 years now. This seems like a waste of time and money to me...

If I wanna drink on a train or bus... I should be allowed to. Its not harming anyone unlike smoking...

When it comes in, what will I do with my Vodka!?
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Last edited by Guitardude19 at May 7, 2008,
They are stopping the drunken behaviour...............by banning drinking. This may only apply in 1 out of 10 cases but if it reduces cses of attacks and other abuse then its a good thing.
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
Who wants to drink alcohol in public transport? Good idea Boris.

(I don't live in London :P)
Next thing you know we wont be allowed to chug a tall on the way to taking ours kids to football practice.
Quote by cagnius
Don't be ragging on Boris...

My Ma voted for Ken soley to stop someone with such a silly name as Boris coming into power
Quote by paul_brownell
They are stopping the drunken behaviour...............by banning drinking. This may only apply in 1 out of 10 cases but if it reduces cses of attacks and other abuse then its a good thing.

Thing is, its not going to reduce any abuse...

Whats stopping someone already drunk abusing some or attacking them. If anyone is drunk on public transport its because they are going home from a club/pub and hardly any of them are carrying alcohol... So staff will still be abused because people will still be drunk..

Are we going to ban drunk people from using public transport? If so Im majorly screwed...
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
My Ma voted for Ken soley to stop someone with such a silly name as Boris coming into power

Then your mother is no friend of mine. Good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY.

Terms and Conditions apply.
Boris number one!

Hate drunk people on buses, saw some guy get threatened with a knife on a bus a few weeks ago. Some big guy got up and kicked him off the bus but still if he wasn't there it might've been brutal.
I doubt that this was solely Boris' idea and decision, but I think it's a good one.
About ****ing time.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

I honestly cant see of what benefit this is going to be??
people drinking on public transport isnt the problem
its people already drunk that cause the trouble
and even at that, its the minority that cause the problems.
as someone above said, what are they going to do? ban drunk people from traveling?
bye bye 90% of the money they make friday-sunday.
I thought it was already banned on the trains?

Although I've taken alcohol on the bus before... Still, just put it in a bag, they're not likely to check.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by blue_strat
I doubt that this was solely Boris' idea and decision, but I think it's a good one.

Well Ken never implimented it!

I'm liking referring to London mayors by their first names. I don't think I even know Boris's surname.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I'm liking referring to London mayors by their first names. I don't think I even know Boris's surname.

That would be Johnson. Which is so generic that we have to call him Boris.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Some guy threatened to stab me on a bus once, h e was minced. I lol'ed, because I'm well 'ard...

I was ****ting myself actually...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Johnson.

Never watch Have I Got News For You? He's a semi-regular.

And when he's not on it, he's getting mocked on it!
onlyalcoholics drink when using public transport
Sig space available, give me some praise
It be followed up severely; loads of people drink on the bus when they know it's not allowed (company policy), and people won't stop them because they don't want to encounter them. The same will happen here.
Ugh too many people I've seen drinking on public transport, considering I figured it was banned anyway.

Probably for the best, and a lot better than what I thought when I assumed the worst after hovering over the thread, I thought 'banning drinking?!! nuuuuu'.

Phew >__>
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by alkalineweeman
I honestly cant see of what benefit this is going to be??
people drinking on public transport isnt the problem
its people already drunk that cause the trouble
and even at that, its the minority that cause the problems.
as someone above said, what are they going to do? ban drunk people from traveling?
bye bye 90% of the money they make friday-sunday.

This. It's a large proportion of their income Friday-Sunday, but not that big at all, but big enough.
Quote by ross1234
onlyalcoholics drink when using public transport

I occasionally take a bus whilst drink and crack open when I'm on there. It's brilliant fun, you meet the best bus-goers at night.

Not good when your can of Guiness rolls all the way down the bus aisle and ends up next to the driver though >.>

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I was just looking through the Calgary transit bylaws (unrelated to UK but still somewhat relevant) and it says absolutely nothing about alcohol. I always just assumed it wasn't allowed.

You're actually technically not allowed to consume any food or drink on the bus, but that's never enforced. Why would the drink being alcoholic pertain to any special treatment if there's no bylaw or guideline regulating it?

However, I'm pretty sure we have laws about drinking in public, which might pertain to transit as well.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Probably for the best, and a lot better than what I thought when I assumed the worst after hovering over the thread, I thought 'banning drinking?!! nuuuuu'.

Phew >__>

See: Prohibition.
Also see: The Great Depression.

EDIT: Hang on, will they kick you off for being drunk if you don't have any alcohol on you? Because that could actually be annoying. I'm a friendly drunk, anyway...

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT

You started a thread that's not about genocide!

I kid, I kid.

Anyway, drunks on bussen can be dangerous. We almost tipped one over once. >_>;
Also, whats to stop people doing what i do and mixing up my jack + coke in a coke bottle before hand?
There is no law saying ya cant have a refreshingly chilled bottle of original coca cola (send me my queque now coca cola co) on the train?
they even sell it on some trains??
Quote by break-me-in
See: Prohibition.
Also see: The Great Depression.

EDIT: Hang on, will they kick you off for being drunk if you don't have any alcohol on you? Because that could actually be annoying. I'm a friendly drunk, anyway...
No way, only if you're causing a problem.

Hundreds of people take the last train home after a good plastering in the pub, they're not going to deny all that revenue.
Quote by alkalineweeman
Also, whats to stop people doing what i do and mixing up my jack + coke in a coke bottle before hand?
There is no law saying ya cant have a refreshingly chilled bottle of original coca cola (send me my queque now coca cola co) on the train?
they even sell it on some trains??

+1, they'll probably know if they saw it but turn a blind eye unless you're aggressive.

We blatantly brought 3 bottles of Jack on the bus to a Hayseed Dixie gig though, bus driver couldn't care less.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Renka

You started a thread that's not about genocide!

I kid, I kid.

Anyway, drunks on bussen can be dangerous. We almost tipped one over once. >_>;

I ll genocide your ass in a minute...