well what do you guys think?

I"m looking at the Rockman A12-50. (no body know what that is huh?) a blackheart and just building a rack out of rockman stuff

any other suggestions are good though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
$300 for a SS amp? Dunno bro. Also how well do the rockman effects work through a tube amp? (I assume you know this). If they do well, go blackheart is my vote.
see the rockman effects are made to go thru a stereo or full range system so they goa REALLY well with a PA and are VERY easy to record with.

and how did you know the a12-15 was 300 dollars? Its actually more like 450/500

btw my budget is about 500
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at May 7, 2008,
bump
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
no putting a rockman infront of a tube amp (or any amp for taht matter) wont sound to great cause it's made for fullrange speaker systems. and a single speaker doesn't bring out it full potential. the A12-50 has one 12 in it but it's MADE for the distortion ciricut thats in it

and yes I seriously considerd a traynor for awhile but decided I wanted a EL34 or 84 instead. so I thought about the 50 Blue but it was to big for recording imo.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
hey man, basically anything with a line out would suit you fine. my F-50 has one and I use it for headphone practice at late night. I just need better headphones because i get fuzz from blown tiny speakers....sigh...they were free anyway lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
the F50 is a bit to big for what I want plus it has 6L6s doesn't it?
the A12-50 has a out that lets you play DI
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
oh yea man, I wasn't recommending an F-50! lol I was just using it as an example.

If the A12-50 has a line out then thats great. But if you want to do a mic'd recording I dont see how any lower wattage amps wont suit your style. (Btw, I didnt do any research on the A12-50, but if its got what you are looking for, voicing, tone, wattage, ect., then you should be fine.) Remember it is what you want.

I'm assuming you are a classic rock guy eh? And I see you on these boards enough to assume you know whats going to give you that sound, since you knew my Mesa had 6L6s in it. Whats in the A12-50?

**EDIT** I just googled it because I was curious. Its solid state. Then it should be fine. I havent heard it personally, but a decent solid state is actually an ideal amp for home recording. I use my behringer for when I just need to record something really fast to show the band. So I say if you like it go for it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at May 7, 2008,
ok you know how Tom scholz is? he's the guitarist for boston. in the 80s he made some guitar gear. the Rockman line of products. it was mostly rack gear but they made a couple of amps also this was one of them it's built around a distortion ciricut that was MADE for it it was also put in a pedal. there were only about 600 made but I know where I can get one.

I'm not gonna go very far in depth.

But I've been told it's a great amp for recording and thats what I would use it for almost exclusivly.

It's the sound I want but if there is something out there thats better I'm more than willing to try it

edit: yes I knew it was a solidstate. It's probably one of the best in the world imo. AMAZING cleans actually. and a not to shabby od circut.

its also got a semi clean button where it eqs and brings the volum up when you turn your guitar down so it cleans up like a tube amp. It's pretty awesome
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I'll be back in 2 hours guys. lemm know if you ahve any ideas
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Well then, I say grab it if you can then. I'm definitely interested in it. If you do get it, lets get some sound clips, ya dig?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Well then, I say grab it if you can then. I'm definitely interested in it. If you do get it, lets get some sound clips, ya dig?

I will certanly put clipz up if i get it

I'm still looking for suggestions though
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I'll bump this one more time then let it die
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
last bump for the night
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Get it. just try it out first (if possible), and make sure that you want it.
I have no clue how that rockman stuff works, so you're on your own.
If I were you, i'd save up an extra couple hundred bucks and get a Bad Cat mini cat.
But, that's me. I am a basic guitar>OD/Boost>Amp person.

Get what you want, you seem to know what you want.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'm not gonna be able to try it out sadly (there were only about 500 made but I know where I can get one) for about 500.

about the bad cat is it el34 84 or 6L6?

and what wrong with having to recording amps huh? lol.

what fun about that us you can have a rockman/Boston sound for your rythym and a tube driven lead sound or vice versa on however you want the song to sound.

and yah I know what I want I just wanna know if I can find something BETTER cheaper
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Well, I knew that the mini cat was british voiced. I think it had EL84's in it.
Fantastic amp!

Anyways, there's always the good old epi valve junior route. And since you're into modding and building pedals, maybe you'd be able to mod it to your tastes.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Well, I knew that the mini cat was british voiced. I think it had EL84's in it.
Fantastic amp!

Anyways, there's always the good old epi valve junior route. And since you're into modding and building pedals, maybe you'd be able to mod it to your tastes.

thats a possibility.

maybe I'll save and get both

the plexi's on its way pretty quick though! woo.

and I'm gonna have something like 500 bucks so I decided I need a recording amp and I love the rockman sound so why not.

the epi's only like 150 bucks isn't it?

sure maybe I'll get both
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Oh duh, forgot you got the plexi.
Do you have a cab/speaker for it once it does arrive?
Well, i'd look into what tubes come stock with the ceriatone.
Maybe that money would be better put into stuff like tubes, or getting a particularly good speaker.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Oh duh, forgot you got the plexi.
Do you have a cab/speaker for it once it does arrive?
Well, i'd look into what tubes come stock with the ceriatone.
Maybe that money would be better put into stuff like tubes, or getting a particularly good speaker.

hmmmmm tubes? that isn't gonna cost more than like 60 bucks though.

I don't have cab...yet. I'm gonna build it and just put a pair of greenbacks or something in it. I got a friend who has some so it isn't really gonna cost me anything
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Nice.
You'll want good tubes to bring out the full tonal mojo of your amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Nice.
You'll want good tubes to bring out the full tonal mojo of your amp.

yah. I know what you mean.

but it won't cost TOO much. so I'll have enough for the A12-50 or close enough where I can get a couple bucks from my parents.

cool! lol.

so on 08.

I'm getting a plexi and a Rockman A12-50! I'll be happy for awhile..............maybe lol.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at May 8, 2008,
Well, i'm set for a while, I just need the speakers out of my CBB, and with some nice webers in it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ahh webers you decided on aye?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Almost sure.

I'm just not 100% on WHICH webers to get.
I'll probably go along with their vintage series.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ahh
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era