Is it right for me to plug my guitar setup into audio interface? Because when ever I plug my amp int the interface, there is some bad firewire feedback. And it gets into the recording. Is the amplifier really needed?
Guitar Gear>->

AXL Stratocaster (with EMG pickups)
Crate GTD15 Amp (small but loud as crud)
DigiTech RP50 Modeling Processor
Electro-Harmonics Big Muff Pi

I'm a member of the EHX Guild, and proudly use the Big Muff Pi as my distortion.
i don't find it really is necessary, depending on the interface. when i hook my amp up to my mac, its fuzzy and thin, but if i hook the guitar straight through a distortion pedal, or even a chain, and then up to the computer, it's crystal clear stereo sound.
how are you guys recording...my god...

You are supposed to MIC the amp, and THEN go to the interface.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
^^ Hmm, Ok, yeah thats the same for me too. When I record my friends guitar, his FX are in his amp (Line 6 Spider series). And there is some feedback coming from it. I think its the firewire. (I use a special external firewire port card, my computer doesn't have built in firewire.)

So I think its coming from that port.
Guitar Gear>->

I'm a member of the EHX Guild, and proudly use the Big Muff Pi as my distortion.
you can plug the guitar straight into the interface and use guitar rig, but i personally much prefer the sound of a mic and an amp.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Quote by Brendan.Clace
how are you guys recording...my god...

You are supposed to MIC the amp, and THEN go to the interface.....

If you have looked at my sig, my amp isn't much good miced. The only way I would mic an amp is if it was a better one than mine, or if I just had to.
Guitar Gear>->

No matter how bad or good your amp is it's going to sound a damnsight worse DI'd than it does mic'd
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's possibly because you are using a firewire hub(not sure if it is or not, but the way you described it, sounds like it) also, do NOT play your guitar inf front of your computer monitor if it is CRT.

Also,

recording can be a VERY frustrating process, especially with guitar. It is so hard to record the exact tone you want, without something going awry..... try placing the mic about 4 inches away from the amp, but directly on axis with the speaker cone.

What sounds REALLY good is one mic on axis with the speaker, and the other at about a 45 degree angle toward the cone.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.