Page 1 of 2
Ok so I live in an apartment complex right now b/c I'm in college and I love playing along to songs, and of course I also love to crack the volume. From time to time this annoying douche bag knocks on my door while I'm playing and asks me to turn it down, and this completely ruins it for me.

Funny story about that actually. One of the several times he knocked on the door, I was just in a bad mood and was relieving some stress from school by playing some Metallica. I'm usually nice about it and just turn it off, but this particular day I was just pissed at the world and was intent on shredding til my fingers and ears were bleeding. So he knocks on the door and I answer. He says something to the tune of "Dude I play guitar too but I never even play my with it plugged in, why can't you do the same?" My response, "Umm b/c it's an electric guitar and it's made to be plugged in, btw what kinda style do you play?" He proudly says, "Simple Plan, stuff like that". I said, "Oh that explains it, and told him I'd turn it down"

Nobody else complains except for him AND HE PLAYS GUITAR! I mean the neighbors on both sides of me never say anything, but this guy lives on the other side of the building. So, b/c of my pissed off mood, I turned everything off, took a 5 min smoke break, and then just went right back to it and turned it up loud enough to where I couldn't hear if anyone knocked on the door.

I swear the first thing I'm going to do when I get a house is put a sound proof room in so I can continue to damage my hearing and not bother anyone else lol.
Quote by CedricL
Maybe he's studying or something :S

He said that a few times and I gladly turned it off, b/c I was just procrastinating with school work by means of guitar haha.

But that particular time was last week and the semester was already over.
+Looks at your amps+
That explains it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
how about you not be a douche bag and respect the people who have to live around you. if you want to play and not annoy anyone then move into a house.
my ra comes to bother me all the time....pisses me off.......so what if you can hear me all the way down the hall : )
Quote by Ichimaru
+Looks at your amps+
That explains it.

My amp blows I know I'm getting a new one soon, but just b/c my amp blows doesn't mean a damn thing.
For the love of God... a 100W amp would go straight to the next 5 walls. I'm sure the 'quiet neighbor' is super annoyed by now but didn't have the guts to tell you.

If you want hi-volume get yourself a frigging headset and a good amp simulation unit to blow your head out.
Quote by kosarsosar
how about you not be a douche bag and respect the people who have to live around you. if you want to play and not annoy anyone then move into a house.

I'd understand it if other people had complained before. None of my neighbors say anything about it, one of them actually complimented me on my playing. Also I called my friend who lives 2 doors down and I asked him if he could hear anything and he said no, so I don't understand how this guy who lives on the other side of the building would even know I was playing.
Quote by hminh87
For the love of God... a 100W amp would go straight to the next 5 walls. I'm sure the 'quiet neighbor' is super annoyed by now but didn't have the guts to tell you.

If you want hi-volume get yourself a frigging headset and a good amp simulation unit to blow your head out.

I never turn it up THAT loud, the volume is usually on 3 or 4 when I really crank it. Most times it's on about 1 or 2.
Quote by zhunt1130
My amp blows I know I'm getting a new one soon, but just b/c my amp blows doesn't mean a damn thing.

Well seeing as he's a guitarist, he probably gets annoyed by how awful that MG sounds
But either way, playing a 100W amp in an apartment block is pretty irresponsible, especially at anything higher than 2. Play your Spider or sell it and get a POD.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by zhunt1130
Ok so I live in an apartment complex right now b/c I'm in college and I love playing along to songs, and of course I also love to crack the volume. From time to time this annoying douche bag knocks on my door while I'm playing and asks me to turn it down, and this completely ruins it for me.

Funny story about that actually. One of the several times he knocked on the door, I was just in a bad mood and was relieving some stress from school by playing some Metallica. I'm usually nice about it and just turn it off, but this particular day I was just pissed at the world and was intent on shredding til my fingers and ears were bleeding. So he knocks on the door and I answer. He says something to the tune of "Dude I play guitar too but I never even play my with it plugged in, why can't you do the same?" My response, "Umm b/c it's an electric guitar and it's made to be plugged in, btw what kinda style do you play?" He proudly says, "Simple Plan, stuff like that". I said, "Oh that explains it, and told him I'd turn it down"

Nobody else complains except for him AND HE PLAYS GUITAR! I mean the neighbors on both sides of me never say anything, but this guy lives on the other side of the building. So, b/c of my pissed off mood, I turned everything off, took a 5 min smoke break, and then just went right back to it and turned it up loud enough to where I couldn't hear if anyone knocked on the door.

I swear the first thing I'm going to do when I get a house is put a sound proof room in so I can continue to damage my hearing and not bother anyone else lol.

Quote by zhunt1130
I never turn it up THAT loud, the volume is usually on 3 or 4 when I really crank it. Most times it's on about 1 or 2.

Errmm, then you haven't understood the term 'really crank it'...
Quote by Ichimaru
Well seeing as he's a guitarist, he probably gets annoyed by how awful that MG sounds
But either way, playing a 100W amp in an apartment block is pretty irresponsible, especially at anything higher than 2. Play your Spider or sell it and get a POD.

It doesn't sound like an MG at all right now b/c of the Metal Muff, but I had to cut almost all the volume on the channel to get that nasty MG tone out. As far as him not liking the MG, I've heard him play and he's not good at all, doubt he would be able to tell good tone if it kicked him in the face. But I agree anything coming out of an MG is going to be sub par to say the least.
Last edited by zhunt1130 at May 7, 2008,
Quote by Pikka Bird
Errmm, then you haven't understood the term 'really crank it'...

Haha yea not exactly "cranking it" but its loud
^Then you might not use "volume is usually on 3 or 4" and "when I really crank it" in rapid succession.
Quote by CedricL
Maybe he's studying or something :S

It's finals week for my college!
But if someone was playing loud I'd just turn mine up and chime right in.
Quote by Seef
It's finals week for my college!
But if someone was playing loud I'd just turn mine up and chime right in.

haha yea ours have been over for about a week now. SUMERTIME aka find a band and make some money haha
Quote by Pikka Bird
^Then you might not use "volume is usually on 3 or 4" and "when I really crank it" in rapid succession.

It's hard to tell what exactly the volume is b/c with my pedal I have to cut the volume almost out on the channel to get the best tone possible and put the master on about 6, so I'm not sure what the actual volume would be.
^That sounds a bit weird... But still, cranking = all volume knobs go clockwise a lot.
Quote by zhunt1130

well aren't you just a badass

...honestly the only thing lamer is the fact that you had to bitch about it on UG
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
its hard not to want to plug in and rock out. my wife works at night and on rain days when i cant work and want to play i have to use the headphones. next day at work im goin huh? do what? say again ? but i gotta respect her privacy. get some phones dude. go deaf like me.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quit being a douche bag and respect the people around you. You're not the only one who lives there. Play with headphones. It's not that hard.
More UltraMatic than you.
Last edited by UltraMatic4 at May 7, 2008,
I guess the thing that pisses me off is the fact that other people around me blare their rap so loud that I can feel the walls vibrate, but I never complain b/c frankly that would be extremely hypocritical. They never turn their stuff down so why should I, but since most people aren't into metal. God forbid someone play Metallica loud instead of Snoop Dogg or whoever the hell else they listen to.

Oh and headphones aren't an option b/c when something is plugged into the head phone jack, it doesn't cut the sound from the speakers, but lets output through both the speakers and the headphones.
Last edited by zhunt1130 at May 7, 2008,
have a think about how you would feel if he cranked it up and you had to listen to it while you wanted to do something else.

go and rent some rehearsal room time if you want to let rip.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
have a think about how you would feel if he cranked it up and you had to listen to it while you wanted to do something else.

Actually, that's what he's complaining about. That people just blast hip hop all over the place at a million db and everybody seems fine with that, but people will fly into a fit of frenzy if they hear the slightest hint of analogue instrumentation.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Actually, that's what he's complaining about. That people just blast hip hop all over the place at a million db and everybody seems fine with that, but people will fly into a fit of frenzy if they hear the slightest hint of analogue instrumentation.

well i aint fine with hip hop blasting out and i don't think many people are.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
you sound like the douche.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Quote by dr_john
well i aint fine with hip hop blasting out and i don't think many people are.

But they don't ask those people to turn it down half as often as they do to guitarists. Perhaps they're afraid the dude will pull out a nine and off them sideways-style.
Yeah I hate that. There's this guy and the hallway area always smells like ****ty food and smoke.
my bros do that to me. ill b 1 room over, by the computer, and ill have my MG as close to 0 as it can get ( since my tube is too big for that) and they still yell at me saying its too loud, they cant hear the TV. so then they turn up the TV to the point i cant hear the amp
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I'd be pretty angry too if I couldn't hear myself think. Get a smaller amp for practice.
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Quote by Ichimaru
+Looks at your amps+
That explains it.

lol !.....

maybe other people are scared to ask you because you sound like a smoking, angry axe slinger who defends the right to disturb the piece.

are the rooms not for study ?..or are they practice rooms ?
Quote by DieKrupps
lol !.....

maybe other people are scared to ask you because you sound like a smoking, angry axe slinger who defends the right to disturb the piece.

are the rooms not for study ?..or are they practice rooms ?

No I don't live in the dorms, though 99.9% of the people living here are students b/c it's close to campus, but school is out so there's no "I can't study" excuse The way I see it if they can play their rap so loud that you can hear the bass outside the whole building, then I reserve the right to shred to where MAYBE, my neighbor can hear it.
Quote by zhunt1130

Get a pocket pod, and some armature driver IEMs. Put the IEMs in your ears, plug the guitar into the pod, and youll have great sound without bothering anyone. Same effect as the soundproofing idea. The reason I recommend armature driver IEMs is because they are really fast headphones making things sound very natural and real.
What a douche. PLus, he likes Simple Plan. What they do doesn't even constitute as guitar work, just somone who knows how to keep two fingers in the same fingering shape for the whole song.

I have a 150w tube combo, a 30w tube combo, and a 15w (a guess, it says nothing on the thing) solid state combo. Just getting that new 30w, I can hook it up with the 150, and it's been oh so tempting to play it louder than hell (the amps are a dead on volume match w/o the 150's boosts, tube stack distortion, and reverb), but the thing is self-control. It's easy for us to understand you, but some prick who faps to a Canadian pop-punk band who hasn't made anyone over 13 but him a fan most likely will not.

Good luck, though.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
I'm not gonna waste any money on equipment, not b/c I don't appreciate your advice, but b/c 1. I think the kid has moved out since then and gone home for the summer
2. My lease is up here at the end of June and then to my parents house for 2 months where I can play as loud as I want, and then into a town house with a guy who plays and listens to the same stuff as me so I think I'll just keep saving for my valveking
I'm in the same living situation as you... I don't even bother using my amp anymore really. I know it'll make people mad if I crank it. The guy next to me plays as well. One time he really cranked it at like 9 in the morning and someone from downstairs ran up and yelled at him. It was funny, but the thing to learn is that other people deserve their peace. Summer's here soon, then it's jam time!

Just get some headphones, brother.

-Dan
Quote by UltraMatic4
Quit being a douche bag and respect the people around you. You're not the only one who lives there. Play with headphones. It's not that hard.

is there an echo in here?
Page 1 of 2