I'm having difficulties deciding my next guitar whenever if it should have a whammy bar or not.
Like between a hardtailed Schecter C-1 Hellraiser and the FR version. The bridge might bring more maintainents works than the extra fun it delivers.
So what is people opinion about this?
Well, do you know how to tune the FR's well? Because from what I hear is that for the most part they're more trouble than they're worth unless you're going to be using it all the time. I myself prefer the way guitars look with a straight through design so thats one reason I prefer to not have a trem Not to mention I dont know the first thing about tuning or restringing a guitar with a trem.
Get the hardtail. Trems are a pain in the ass, especially if you like to change tunings.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Get the hardtail. Trems are a pain in the ass, especially if you like to change tunings.

Ya ive also heard that - BUT on the flip side. I've heard that as long as you get the right kind of FR on the guitar it wont go out of tune all the time. But ya, drop tuning is a pain in the Ass on the FRs. I'd say go read a tuning/stringing guide for a FR and then see if you want to have to deal with that all the time
I have two guitars, both hard tail. I had one with a floating bridge before and I am never going to do that mistake again. So painful to change strings and never stayed in tune ....
If you change tunings frequently, don't buy a guitar with a floating bridge.
End of discussion.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Wow, there's lots and lots of uninformed hassle-babble in here, as usual.

Get this- unless you change tunings often, it is literally no different to restring and tune a Floyd once you've got it set up, save for the locks, but those take ten seconds to lock and unlock.
Quote by hminh87
That's the problem. I don't know jack about FR.

then don't get one if you haven't studiedup on FR cuz if you don't know how to tune them there a pain in the ass.... but on he other hand there really good for dive bomb effects and a very good tremolo and won't knock your guitar out of tune with the locking tunners...but like i said you got to know how to tune them you can't just drop tune them right away you got to loosen the springs in the back and **** like that
I thought this thread was going to be about George Michael.

Quote by Ichimaru
If you change tunings frequently, don't buy a guitar with a floating bridge.
End of discussion.

Truth.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
^Yeah, me too. However, unlike you I think that is a good thing. Because the only reasonable answer would have been "Thou shalt never Wham!"
Quote by Platinum Pro
then don't get one if you haven't studiedup on FR cuz if you don't know how to tune them there a pain in the ass...

Well, how's anyone gonna get started on using an FR if they should never get one before they have the experience? See the dilemma? The paradox, even.