The electric I'm thinking about buying has jumbo frets.

The thing is, I'm still in my beginner stages of playing (still under the one year mark). Plus I'm so used to playing my acoustic, I'm afraid I'll press too hard on the frets and sharp every note

On top of all that I got smaller hands.

So do you think its a mistake for me to get a guitar with jumbo frets? Or should I just man up and learn to play on them. I mean it sounds like it'd be cool once mastered to pull off some bad vibrato effects and improve my playing speed thanks to the fret height.

I'm driving up to a guitar center later today to check out some les pauls similar to what I plan to buy and make sure they have jumbo frets so I can compare. I got my heart set on this one guitar and I can't find it without the jumbo friets either
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
It'll help you learn not to press so hard. Pressing that hard will hinder your playing
larger frets are more aimed at beginners. when you get your electric you will soon realize that the electric is about playing light and finessy aand the acoustic you gotta get a little physical with. more of a personal preference i guess.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Quote by bob vila
larger frets are more aimed at beginners. when you get your electric you will soon realize that the electric is about playing light and finessy aand the acoustic you gotta get a little physical with. more of a personal preference i guess.

So you're saying its BETTER for me to get those to learn good habits. After all I want to get into slow blues kinda playing so maybe a light touch is what I need to learn

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
I went straight from an acoustic to an electric with jumbo frets (thanks to a generous gift from my cousin). I got used to it very fast, and now find it easier to play than my acoustic. In terms of hand size, id say the width of the neck matters the most. If u really like the guitar, go for it, its pretty easy to get used to
you won't press too hard. you might not even notice. but once you get better, and if you're geared towards faster playing, you will find the difference comfortably easier/faster
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
I just got back from guitar ctr playing some les pauls, all with jumbo frets. I'll have no trouble with it, I barely even noticed a difference.

I also couldn't tell the diff between an epi & a gibson though

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
I like small frets, personally.

I'm used to the feel. Plus, jumbo frets intonate like ass.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
^the size of the frets doesn't change the scale of the neck or where the saddles are positioned. Although you may be talking about the effect of pressing down on the 12th fret and how it might go out of tune easier...?

I think jumbo frets are SO much nicer to play on than small frets.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build