They are ok. More modern sounding/hi gain than your typical Marshalls like JCM800 and Plexis etc. Though which JCM2000 are you looking at, DSL or TSL? In my opinion the DSL is better bang for your buck than the TSL. Sounds more "smooth" to me and lets be fair, who needs a third channel anyway
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Well obviously try the amp out before jumping to any conclusions, just thought I'd mention that. Basically go for the 50 if you want to be able to crank it at a more manable level, and the 100 if you want more headroom.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I agree, they are slightly more modern, and less "marshally" than older models. I would avoid the TSL, they sound like crap. I had a DSL 50 head for a while, it was decent, not great.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
any alternatives? I want something that will do heavy stuff but still with the marshall sound. I love slash's sound on the Use your illusion albums. I've tried a vintage modern and thought it was terrible. I know Slash has used and uses jubilee heads, jcm 800's, his sig heads and vantage modern but im unsure what to go for.
You could try one of the new JVM410H heads, some love them, some hate them, but you might find it fits.

Plus the price is dropping fast, I found it here for £739 new.

Although JCM800 is the most Marshall'y you'll get likely. Does it NEED to be a Marshall? There are other brands that will do the Marshall tone, and more.
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
Quote by jscustomguitars
any alternatives? I want something that will do heavy stuff but still with the marshall sound

Splawn

/thread
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Splawn

/thread

He's in the UK though.
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
LANEY
ORANGE