just received my a peavey 6505 and Marshall 1960av cab ...
its amazing...

gone from a marshall mg30dfx lol.

also bought some pedals as had a boss gt3 before but they are just far to complex and processed sounding....

so ive gone for a maxon od808 re -issue for a signal and tone boost.
morley bad horsie wah 2
boss tu 2 tuner
and an isp decimator for the moment!

anyone got any order ideas for the pedals in the effects loop.
.....im a real noob when it comes to stomp boxes and half stacks so really appreciate any help...

also anyone recommend some good cables....

and finally 4ohms or 16ohms for my head and cab???

cheers
own;
peavey 6505
marshall 1960av cab
esp ltd ec1000 18V M0D
schecter black hawk
prs standard 24 platinum grey
ibanez aeg10e acoustic

want;
dual rectifier 3 channel head
prs custom 24
tremonti se (duncan p/ups)
schecter tempest (red)
Tuner -> Wah -> OD (switch wah and OD if you like), Decimator in the loop. Ohms don't really matter as long as they match, I think some people prefer higher for some reason, forgot what. But it doesn't really matter as long as they match.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
What style of music do you play? Cause it sounds like you have everything you need
Up the Punx!
Ohms DO matter. It depends on how many Ohms the speakers are and how they are connected
Iced earth!!!!!!!
i like a delay/echo for solos (if you play rhythm mostly, though, you can probably do without that).

chorus and/or reverb pedal would help the cleans.

try the decimator both in front of the amp and in the loop, depending on your rig, it could sound better in one or the other place.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok what do u mean when u say in front of the amp and in the loop??

loop being effects loop... whats the bennifits differences???,

im such a noob.

play metal of sorts... Killswitch, 36 crazyfists, still remains and some nu metal... papa roach linkin park that sort of stuff!
own;
peavey 6505
marshall 1960av cab
esp ltd ec1000 18V M0D
schecter black hawk
prs standard 24 platinum grey
ibanez aeg10e acoustic

want;
dual rectifier 3 channel head
prs custom 24
tremonti se (duncan p/ups)
schecter tempest (red)
Quote by Spacessj
Ohms DO matter. It depends on how many Ohms the speakers are and how they are connected

That's what I ment. Maybe my post was a bit unclear, I'll try to clear it up.

Most heads/cabs allow you to switch the ohms you use (you can also rewire cabs to use different ohms). The important thing is that the both the head and the cab use the same ohm rating. However, it doesn't matter whether that ohm rating is 4 or 16, as long as it's the same for both of them.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
^^ the loop bypasses the preamp so you don't get distortion from there... some fx sound better in the loop (e.g. delay, chorus), others are designed to go in front of the amp (i.e. from your guitar -> pedal -> amp, e.g. wah, overdrive etc.).

some people prefer the sound of the decimator in front, some prefer it in the loop. there's a new decimator pedal out which allows you to put it in both at the same time (like the rack version). might be worth considering, but it might be more expensive than the standard decimator.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?