I had originally posted this in the Riffs and Recordings section, but thought I'd move it here because I got nothin hehe...

Anyways, just looking for some input on tone and this particular riff that will be used for some of the 'verse' passages

I've got about half of the arrangement written, but just quickly laid down this riff over a generic drum track(waiting until I have it arranged completely to write the drums) to work on some tone development...

Any input is appreciated....

It's on my profile labeled as "Riff Development/Tone Work"
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at May 7, 2008,
I really like this riff. I think it could be followed by a different riff, as it can be quite repeatative. At 0;43, I think the bass should follow what the guitar does. Apart from that, great! Keep going.

crit mine; https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853253
Hey thanks man... I surely wont leave that thing running on as it is in this clip... When I'm in the process of developing, I often wind up with several different tracks like this with different parts in development and let them run a while so I have an excess to listen to when trying to conceive a particular sound and work with it. It also helps me write parts over them so that I have plenty of room to play around with, and minimizes takes when I lay down final tracks if I can get the tone right with these little recordings...

It's moreso a concept in tone.. haven't really worked out what the bass line or the drums will be doing... I've got 5 other different sections recorded in this fashion kind of as puzzle pieces.. still working on getting them to fit together and developing transitions at the moment...

Thanks a bunch for the input!
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded