Ive got £200 ($400) to spend on a amp, could any of you tell me whats the best choice. I don't play in a band, and the band whose music i play the most is Oasis.
Laney VC15 for sure
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
agreed. though it kinda does depend on £200 meaning £215 (and not including a footswitch). lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well worth the extra £30, mind.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
^^ oh yeah, i agree, i was just saying in case the budget was set in stone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you're gigging then I'd say get the VC30. The 15 is great but if you want/need the headroom then you'll probably benefit from the 30
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
yeah, if you ask me the vc30 sounded "bigger" and "better" (i think it suits the celestion speakers better than the jensen in the vc15). it will be harder to crank though... if you're only playing at home, the 15 *might* be better, but it'd be best if you could try both.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
not as nice as a rocker, dsl- not too sure, the dsl is a lot more modern-sounding, probably not as nice as a prosonic, not as nice as an ac30. IMO.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by The_0thersid3
Is the VC really that good?
I mean compared to an orange rocker or marshall DSL or something higher end like a Fender prosonic or Vox AC 30
For the price, yes (in the UK)
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
^ also agreed. with the exception of the dsl, in the UK the vc30 is one half, even one third, the price of those other amps...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by The_0thersid3
Is the VC really that good?
I mean compared to an orange rocker or marshall DSL or something higher end like a Fender prosonic or Vox AC 30

Deffinately better cleans than the rocker, for dirty, the rocker slaughters it, the DSL401 in every way shape or form i prefered the VC to it, the cleans were ok, but the vcs where much much nicer for £100 cheaper, the prosonic, I have no idea.

The vox, the VC is pretty much based of the entire idea of the AC30,its a pretty voxyish sounding amp, but id deffinately take that AC30 any day of the week. But once again, entirely different price range..