17 41%
Pgm
5 12%
Save and get Strat and Pgm
4 10%
Find something else
15 37%
Voters: 41.
So I want to get a new guitar and I already have about $2000 saved up. I like playing stuff like Clatpon, Hendrix, and RHCP, but I also shred a fair bit so I wanted a thin neck and 24 frets. I am thinking of getting maybe a Fender American Standard Strat (yes I know it doesn't have 24 frets) or a Ibanez PGM 301. I was also thinking of maybe saving up a bit more and then getting both. What are your thoughts/suggestions?
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
just get an ESP without EMGs id suggest and mh

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
well I don't think Ibanez would be good for the music you described... for shredding yes... but not for clapton and hendrix. I personally don't like fenders, but much better for that type of music. I'm a Gibson man myself.
hmmm, thats a hard one

i like strats, but not the american standards

but they can be fine for shredding, as long as thats not all you do
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
get a gibson, very versatille guitars

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Ibanez actually has a good sound for hendrix if you get the right pickups just dont Get EMG's!! get dimarzio's in a Ibanez Prestige Model they are awesome guitars/
dude i have the perfect guitar for u. get a Paul Reed Smith. I have a ce-24 and it kix ass. i can play any style of music with it. It has 24 frets and it has a thin neck. Perfect for shredding. I think they got discontinued for 2008 tho... but u can probaly still get one. If not a custom 24 is an awesome choice. trust me, a prs guitar will never let u down.
MIA strats all the way, perfect for clapton/hendrix/SRV etc. i've had a standard strat for years now and have recently added a strat deluxe HSS to the collection. very versatile guitars.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
what amp have you got?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what amp have you got?

I've got an alright amp, but I find my current guitar hard to play, especially in the upper frets, so that's why I'm looking for a new one.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
dude, u can get a custom shop carvin or possibly PRS.
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
forget my earlier post get a jackson dominion(mark morton of Lamb of gods sig guitar) he playsmetal but also alot of jazz **** so the guitar is versatile

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by halloweenhead
I've got an alright amp, but I find my current guitar hard to play, especially in the upper frets, so that's why I'm looking for a new one.

what's your current guitar? maybe it just has a bad setup...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?