Page 1 of 2
I am thinkin about startin Karate. what do people think of Karate.

and other martial arts for that matter. Can you think of better one?
Quote by deaththrashcore
Actually, you could let her starve herself to death, then no matter what you do she won't complain. Necrophilia = the best kind of philia.

Only God can make a minor 2nd sound good.

Sick my Duck

Genius_92 AKA Ass Kicker
al kedo ......dunno how to spell it but its awesome

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
take whatever one lets you use swords, nun chucks, ninja stars, and staffs
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
i've done Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, and a bit of Judo. Kung Fu has been the most usefull overall since we specialized in grappling, and had some countertactics for street fighting. the traditional class were great as well where u use the weapons and practice the different kung fu forms. they each have their good points, but kung fu was my favorite.
Quote by Zugunruhe
"sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will violate me sexually."
I do fencing and should be taking up broad sword (which is dangerous as hell, should be fun).

Don't do Karate, it's pathetic If you want to do something full on, kick boxing is the way to go. Judo is pretty good as well.
£10 says 5 asshats say "do MMA!" before the end of the first page.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
do MMA!

lol

L2Jedi
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
take muay thai it is badass and isnt as hard as it looks

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
I do taekwondo.

And I'd watch out with karate because some of their kicks screw your knees up over time.

If you wanna go full on baddass, do hapkido. Thats hardcore korean street fighting **** that the korean secret service use.
***Short Sig***
MMA ftw. Lol

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
I agree with Slepnair and Craigo, do kung fu (chinese kickboxing), or for more grappling maybe brazillian jujuitsu or judo, but yeah dont do karate, at least not shotokan (dont know much about other karates),
Quote by Black_Fender
MMA ftw. Lol

BTW WTF is MMA?
Wow three abbreviations in a four word sentence.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Quote by adscottie
I agree with Slepnair and Craigo, do kung fu (chinese kickboxing), or for more grappling maybe brazillian jujuitsu or judo, but yeah dont do karate, at least not shotokan (dont know much about other karates),

I forgot Kung Fu. It's brilliant stuff.
I think jujitsu looks pretty cool...

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Quote by Craigo
I do fencing and should be taking up broad sword (which is dangerous as hell, should be fun).

Don't do Karate, it's pathetic If you want to do something full on, kick boxing is the way to go. Judo is pretty good as well.

+1 only cause I done that for a while. Got to green belt but I got annoyed with the sylibus(sp). The fight class was amazing and I ended up doing competitions. Didn't win anything cause the other girls I had to fight were like men. Seriously, I was like a stick compaired to them so I basiclly payed to get the **** beaten out of me. It was fun. Try it.
Last edited by Tatakai! at May 7, 2008,
MMA is mixed martial arts

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Duh... Should have figured that out

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

kickboxing or itf taekwon do
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Dude, don't listen to these people. I know what I'm talking about, do MMA.

Do MMA.

Seriously though, I've done some Kenpo and Tae Kwon Do. TKD is completely useless in a practical sense. Kenpo basicly centers around being a dick and deballing people. Really it just teaches you to make someone experience a disproportionate amount of pain. Disproportionate to anything that they deserve, that is. Actually its not that bad, but it focuses on self defense on the streets, so its useful.

IMO martial arts aren't very useful unless you take the right kind and you REALLY commit to it and practice like crazy. Otherwise I doubt that it would help you win a fight against a real opponent. The best way to know how to do that is to watch hundreds and hundreds of real street fights and also just get into fights yourself. Practice the real thing. Its like with music, you play how you practice. Your opponents aren't going to be standing still and throwing well formed, predictable punches. They're going to be going apesh*t.

So that having been said, do MMA.
We're only strays.
Aikido.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by Craigo
I have a friend who does that, it sounds pathetic

Prolly because it's very very defensive, and you probably would want to take something that teaches you to take someone out in 1 punch right?
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by Craigo

yeah, or jiu jitsu (can't spell) that works good in the streets, it's what you will need most, or kickboxing is very effectiv begin with two different styles
TKD is completely useless in a practical sense

i presume you did wtf (olympic) style where you cant punch to the face or pretty much use your hands at all unless its to block.

itf (traditional) is very useful as it teaches self defence as well as patterns and sparring and all the usual stuff
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by isuckhardcore
Prolly because it's very very defensive, and you probably would want to take something that teaches you to take someone out in 1 punch right?

That and mostly girls take it

Nah, I can't street fight, I don't do it. I play fight a lot and I can get bloody vicious, but in a street it's punch and run if they start. Trust me, I've been kicked down to the down not reacting, I know myself.

But, when play fighting, I'm fast and hard hitting I try to be, and that also reflects me in fencing (not a martial art in my opinion, but still a fighting style, it's fun as hell).
Quote by isuckhardcore

or 1 precisely aimed strike under the rib cage with a crane hand style...
Yes that's what I want. Go for the kill straight off in every fight!

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

JKD is the only way!!!

Or Krav Maga, Dim Mac is also cool but id doubt you'd find many instructors.

But seriously, learn something that can actually make you a dangerous fighter, so you can protect yourself properly, not karate or TKD or aikido.

JKD is pretty much what you want, and you can pretty much learn it yourself.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
sounds kl. I don't get kickboxing it seems to me just to be kicking and punching someone. not much skill.

"Aikido" can someone give a description.

and TKD sounds kl but don't u have to be really flexible
Quote by deaththrashcore
Actually, you could let her starve herself to death, then no matter what you do she won't complain. Necrophilia = the best kind of philia.

Only God can make a minor 2nd sound good.

Sick my Duck

Genius_92 AKA Ass Kicker
Quote by Black_Fender
or 1 precisely aimed strike under the rib cage with a crane hand style...
Yes that's what I want. Go for the kill straight off in every fight!

Bruce Lee style bitch!

sounds kl. I don't get kickboxing it seems to me just to be kicking and punching someone. not much skill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aikido
Quote by SmElLy KiD

watch "Budo: The Art of Killing." pretty interesting. its a movie i think or documentary.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X

no,that will come with time but it you can get by without it
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

forget martial arts get a gun

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
If you want it to defend yourself, I'd try Krav Maga (Israeli fighting style used by the IDF. It's philosophy would be something like "finish the fight as fast as you can. So kick the guy to the balls, then an elbow to his neck, and pee over his body". Well not really like that, but it shows what it stands for. Defend yourself).
Another one would be Muay Thai since it's very good for self defence. It doesn't take much time until you can use it to defend yourself.

Now if you want it for the sport rather than the defence, then I'd go for ITF Taekwon Do.
I practice it, and it's an amazing sport. Though I wouldn't recommend it for self defence since it takes a lot of time to use it for your advantage, and it relies on ethics (no kicks below the waist and that stuff...).

Quote by Genius_92

No. That's what Taekwon Do causes.
Nobody is flexible when they start unless they practiced something else like another Martial Art, or dancing in the past.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at May 7, 2008,
Page 1 of 2