so i want to build something for the bottom of my pedal board so i can switch my effects on and off from one long footswitch instead of tap dancing around the pedalboard. how would i go about this? id also like to be able to switch channels on my amp from it to.
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Wouldn't you need to run a different signal chain for each pedal?

It might get pretty messy IMHO, and you'd be running through about a mile of cable.. so you'd need a boost/buffer, or risk losing signal strength.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at May 7, 2008,
Think i understand what your saying, I want to do a similar thing.

My idea was to build a box, havn't really though it through, just brainstorming.

Where it would have 2 inputs and 2 outputs, the in effect would be an effects loop box.

Where your guitar would go into the one input, and from one output would go direct to the amp.
The other output would go into your first pedal, and then a cable from your last pedal to the 2nd input,
then be able to switch when the signal flows through the pedal chain or not.

jsut an idea, whether it would work or not, have no idea :P

If not, just an AB box before the baord, and a 2 input, one output thing at the other.
i think if i made some custom patch cables it wouldnt be too bad. im only looking to do this for 5 pedals,and channel/ reverb switches for my amp maybe

EDIT: im thinking its basically going to have 12 jacks. an in and out for each pedal and a main input and output. the pedals would always be on and the switches on the bow would basically bypass them make sense to anyone?
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
Last edited by Ghost_bass at May 7, 2008,
Ohh sorry, i get what you meant after i re-read it. I thought you just wanted to bypass the whole thing, my bad
EXACTLY mr hankey! where can i find a diagram for that?
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100

Repeat the DPDT stomp section for as many pedals as you need.

I don't know about adding LEDs, but that's a basic schematic for you.

Edit: And LEDs need power, so you'd have to take that into account.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at May 7, 2008,
thanks alot man. and i think ill be fine without LEDs anyway
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
i just have one more question. when i make this strip can i just get a snake and control my pedals/ rack stuff while only having the strip in front of me instead of the pedal board?
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by Ghost_bass
i just have one more question. when i make this strip can i just get a snake and control my pedals/ rack stuff while only having the strip in front of me instead of the pedal board?

I can't see why not.
Quote by TomR
Think i understand what your saying, I want to do a similar thing.

My idea was to build a box, havn't really though it through, just brainstorming.

Where it would have 2 inputs and 2 outputs, the in effect would be an effects loop box.

Where your guitar would go into the one input, and from one output would go direct to the amp.
The other output would go into your first pedal, and then a cable from your last pedal to the 2nd input,
then be able to switch when the signal flows through the pedal chain or not.

jsut an idea, whether it would work or not, have no idea :P

If not, just an AB box before the baord, and a 2 input, one output thing at the other.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the Boss LS-2 is.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Yeah, a snake should work. But don't make it too long, you can lose your signal.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”