Poll: Can technique and lessons make a good singer out of an average one? o
Poll Options
View poll results: Can technique and lessons make a good singer out of an average one? o
Yes
25 96%
No
1 4%
Voters: 26.
hey, my band rlly needs a singer but we cant find one so i decided that maybe i can sing.
I didnt rlly like my voice, i found it kinda plain, when i recorded it but my band members and friends say that most pple dont like there voice (or find it strange) the first time they hear it properly/

my question is, can an average or mediocre singer become better (or even good) by using techniques or lessons? or does the person have to be born a natural singer??

(im askin on my behalf and on our rythm guitarists behalf)

btw i also play lead guitar.

pls answer by poll and by thread if possible.
Playing lead guitar and singing ain't easy. Trust me. My band and i attempted it.

As to your question, someone can become a better singer with lessons, but singing is really something that you're born with.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
Anyone can learn to sing - just as anyone can learn to play guitar.

Yes, lessons will help, obviously! Haha. If anything, I'd say lessons for voice are MORE important than lessons for guitar, because you can't exactly learn proper techniques through videos or anything, because you can't SEE your 'instrument' (if you will... I know it's not technically an instrument - and many classically trained singers would get on me about calling it that.) to know how one person is doing it and what you're doing right/wrong.

Get lessons, they will benefit you so much.
Quote by thedefrockednun
hey, my band rlly needs a singer but we cant find one so i decided that maybe i can sing.
I didnt rlly like my voice, i found it kinda plain, when i recorded it but my band members and friends say that most pple dont like there voice (or find it strange) the first time they hear it properly/

my question is, can an average or mediocre singer become better (or even good) by using techniques or lessons? or does the person have to be born a natural singer??

(im askin on my behalf and on our rythm guitarists behalf)

btw i also play lead guitar.

pls answer by poll and by thread if possible.

i dont really think you can be a natural singer. its like with guitar. no one can just play guitar out of no where. but some people pick up up faster than others. same with singers i would think. so of course lessons will help to make you a better singer.
Just sing all the time so you will become more comfortable with your voice. Try and sing along with some of your favorite bands singers, listen to their technique and learn from it.