they sound incredible for the price, and are great amps, but they are really new........
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I have a Bugera 6262 head and Bugera cab. I like it a lot. The tones I get make me happy. Try to play one if you can. It will help make your decision a lot easier.
Thats I see you both have heads. I am trying them out this weekend. Yoy think the Combo will sound awesome too?
if you get it change the tubes ASAP.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
I'd get a used 5150. The build quality on Bugeras scares me. I cannot believe a company would actually allow construction like that to leave the factory.
I'd suggest changing the tubes but I'm too afraid you'd snap the PCB doing it. Hell, it happens with peaveys, and these things are twice as bad!
Quote by GuitarEvan07
Thats I see you both have heads. I am trying them out this weekend. Yoy think the Combo will sound awesome too?

i have the 6262 212 combo. the thing is amazing. i did however swap the tubes out with some JJs, still have the stock 6l6s in there.

the speaker in it are good for the price and all. im planing on swaping them out for some Celetions soon. i run my 6262 combo through a 2x12 mesa cab along with the combo speakers and then somtimes i run it straight through my 5150 4x12 cab after i disconnect the combo speakers.

its a great amp. had mine since jan. its my back up amp to my 5150 II on the road. it has more then 30 shows on it so far. i use it for every other show as my main amp on stage.

but all in all, its a great tone machine for the $600 i paid for it
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by AndyRevenge
i have the 6262 212 combo. the thing is amazing. i did however swap the tubes out with some JJs, still have the stock 6l6s in there.

the speaker in it are good for the price and all. im planing on swaping them out for some Celetions soon. i run my 6262 combo through a 2x12 mesa cab along with the combo speakers and then somtimes i run it straight through my 5150 4x12 cab after i disconnect the combo speakers.

its a great amp. had mine since jan. its my back up amp to my 5150 II on the road. it has more then 30 shows on it so far. i use it for every other show as my main amp on stage.

but all in all, its a great tone machine for the $600 i paid for it

Did swapping those tubes for the JJ's make a worthwhile difference say for me to attempt (I was gonna get some milage out of the stock ones first) but I def. want to upgrade. I'm assuming the stock tubes are Bugera rebadged Sovteks...
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at May 7, 2008,
Quote by GuitarEvan07
whys that. which ones should i get, and how much are they?

Someone told me recently that most of the problems in the bugeras are because of bad tubes.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Did swapping those tubes for the JJ's make a worthwhile difference say for me to attempt (I was gonna get some milage out of the stock ones first) but I def. want to upgrade. I'm assuming the stock tubes are Bugera rebadged Sovteks...

it def. made a big difference.

these are the JJ tubes i used from Eurotubes.com

4-high gain JJ ECC83Ss in V1-V4
1-standard JJ ECC83S in V5
1-balanced JJ ECC83S in V6 (phase inverter)

i just keep a the stock ones as back up in my bag.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by GuitarEvan07
whys that. which ones should i get, and how much are they?

this is for the 6262 212 combo: preamp tubes.

this was the option for High gain tubes

4-high gain JJ ECC83Ss in V1-V4
1-standard JJ ECC83S in V5
1-balanced JJ ECC83S in V6 (phase inverter

6 tubes i paid about $85 with shipping
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster