Not really a setup, just guitar and amp lol.

Well got my first guitar and amp last month. Just curious as to what the guys here think of it.

It's in my sig but:

Revenge Warlock

Crate Amp (Model number in signature)
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
btw just asking for opinions and input.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Better than Squier Strats, not so much teles. ESP LTD > BC Rich.

Unless it's the BC Rich Schuldiner Sig.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i bet you have one of the coolest looking guitars on the block
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
good for beginner
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by underoath0902
i bet you have one of the coolest looking guitars on the block

Yessss I doooo lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
The amp is ok and same with guitar good for just starting out.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I'm planning on getting a Revenge Warlock too, just as a beginner guitar cause I'm still new to this. How's the guitar?
Quote by Warslinger
I'm planning on getting a Revenge Warlock too, just as a beginner guitar cause I'm still new to this. How's the guitar?

Sounds great for sure. Better than all the other guitars I tried out (ones that were in my budget anyway lol.)

It definetely gives you bang for your buck. So far this baby has been absolutely fantastic. Out there shape but not so much that you can't sit it in your lap. Idk personally I think it's the best beginner guitar I could have gotten.

When I get better I'll save up and switch over to a Schecter Synyster custom. Dream guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty Custom though lol.

But yeah this guitar is awesome.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I think the guitar is terrible. Overall, for a beginner it isn't bad.
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
I think the guitar is terrible. Overall, for a beginner it isn't bad.

Agreed.

A guitar playing friend of mine helped me pick the guitar out. We agreed that a) it would be the best possible beginner guitar I could get for my price ranger (300-400$) b) It would be better to learn on this guitar and build my way up to something spectacular.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Sounds great for sure. Better than all the other guitars I tried out (ones that were in my budget anyway lol.)

It definetely gives you bang for your buck. So far this baby has been absolutely fantastic. Out there shape but not so much that you can't sit it in your lap. Idk personally I think it's the best beginner guitar I could have gotten.

When I get better I'll save up and switch over to a Schecter Synyster custom. Dream guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty Custom though lol.

But yeah this guitar is awesome.

Alright thanks for the input.
It's actually great for starting out. Now start putting away some money right now, and when you think you are good enough you can get a good enough tube amp and a great guitar
Quote by Warslinger
Alright thanks for the input.

Remember, in the grand scheme of it all there are a lot of things that could really sound loads better than the Revenge Warlock. But it sounds the best for a beginner guitar imo.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by sum_ugly_man
It's actually great for starting out. Now start putting away some money right now, and when you think you are good enough you can get a good enough tube amp and a great guitar

Yup that's the plan.

Schecter Synyster custom anyone?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Schecter Synyster? Is that a Synyster Gates model? Please don't give that retard more money.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Mike1109
Schecter Synyster? Is that a Synyster Gates model? Please don't give that retard more money.

@ the new guys, ESP LTD, Ibanez and Jackson are better built for the same price, they may not look as 'rad' but they'll be better in the long run when you figure out the warlock is a tool's guitar.

edit: ibanez too
Last edited by Evadlite at May 7, 2008,
Quote by Evadlite

@ the new guys, ESP LTD, Ibanez and Jackson are better built for the same price, they may not look as 'rad' but they'll be better in the long run when you figure out the warlock is a tool's guitar.

edit: ibanez too

Any recommendations on which I should get? For my first guitar I'm willing to spend like $300 max.
i got the ibanez rg321mh, its my first guitar i got it a few weeks ago, cant play much yet but its really nice, i like it a lot was £170 so thats pretty close to £300 i guess. When im better though i really want a Washburn X50 Pro as they look really nice and aint too much money.
Quote by Mike1109

Well, I wouldn't say he's a retard, just over-rated with much of the mainstream Nu-Metal scene, some of his solos are actually quite difficult to play, but then again, he's not all that live either =(.

But yeah, don't get the Synyster Custom or any of the A7X sig models, you're better off buying something that wasn't designed by a famous musician because you're paying a little more for their design, but the PGM301 is GREAT for its price, but it's a very expensive, top quality guitar.

I'd recommend you buy a Jackson or an ESP or an Ibanez for your second guitar, if you're into metal, you may want a Floyd Rose or a floating tremolo on your guitar for some of the tricks they do with it, or just for better tuning stability.
Points taken.

Also, what's wrong with the Schecter Synyster? Doesn't play well? A7X is my favorite band (I know Syn isn't the best guitarest by far but I love the way A7X meshes well together as a band. If I want to listen to crazy guitar solos, I just listen to some good ol MAB)

Any specific models?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Mike1109

mad jealous about it.

he deserves every penny. SYN G is great. not really mainstream and no where near nu-metal. nu-metal has some sort of rap influence. their more like modern metal.

it is an amazing guitar btw.
Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Crate GFX65
Korg Toneworks AX1500G pedal board
Morley Wah pedal