Ok I need to get a good 15-30W tube amp that will sound good with the kinda music i want to play. Stuff like Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Trivium, Demon Hunter, etc. Those type of songs. I don't care if it means I have to get a regular amp and then a distortion pedal, I just want something thats not going to blow me out of my bedroom and will sound good. (i have roomates so i can't be insanely loud is why 50W is out of the question probably)

Oh btw, I'll be playing Schecter Hellraiser with it. (once i buy)

I want to spend around 200-300 if possible, but gan go to 4 if i absolutely need to. I don't need a gig amp, just one to play in my room and sound good at a decently loud level.
Quote by Exodus04
I want a good metal sound for as cheap as i can get it :P

that is SO vague. you can get a decent metal sound out of a microcube. or you can get one out of a bogner. get what you can afford and if it dosent have good distortion on it, get a pedal. go to the shop, pick out a used on, amp up, it if works, its yours. if this is only for your room then it dosent realy matter how perfect it is................ tube amp for under 300 USD, give me a ****in break
HiMyNameIsMatt
^you can get many tube amps for under $300. but tube amps that handle what he wants on their own is a different story. i'd recommend getting a solidstate amp. microcube maybe.

i'll put it this way, my 5 watt tube amp would NEVER be able to be fully cranked in the dorms. it's too loud. there's no way you're gonna be cranking a 15 or 30 watt for that matter in any apartment/dorm w/o getting crap for it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Well there you go! that's exactly what I need then. All I'm gonna be doing is using it to play for myself in my bedroom - ideally loud enough for me to hear and get a good sound without making everyone in the house hate me :P. And honestly I could care less if it's tube or solid state as long as it has the right sound. I've just noticed that the solid states i've played tend to have a really hollow sound to them compared to tube amps.

Everyone here loves to give me **** because i don't need a 50-100W+ amp for like at least $700. I don't play in a band, i don't have a house, i just want to play and be able to actually sound like the music i'm trying to play.
Exodus04 - this thread seems familiar. Didn't we just do this?

he he That's OK, i don't mind talking to you.

how about a Fender Super Champ 300? Oh wait, you said Trivium and LOG.
how about a Fender Super Champ 300 with a good OD or something.

anyone tried that?

;
somethin about using a Fender's overdrive in conjunction w/ even the highest gained OD pedal doesn't seem like it'd produce very metally sounds.

that's just my assumption though, i HAVEN'T tried that but some day i will lol. just to see if a fender can pull off that kinda metal!! but i imagine it'd be like using an AC30 for metal....just not the best amp for the job
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Haha, I'm sorry for being such a nussance 311... but it's just that I haven't gotten an answer at all that has helped me =( I've been researching and surfing the forum nonstop for a while now and i still haven't found anything so I thought I'd try this section since it is the right one :P. It's so frustrating trying to find the right amp =( I think I have decided I'm just going to get the Schecter Hellraiser at least, just because it's the best guitar that feels the best and sounds the best out of all the ones I've tried so to me, that is worth the extra money.

As far as amps go, not one person has suggested a good amp below 50W to me yet. I couldn't even turn the 50W tube valveking 112 at guitar center up past like 2 before it got way too loud for my likings. This to me just WONT work for my needs (although I do like the amp). I really need something that will be discreet for my living situation. Later once i get good and need that extra volume I don't mind buying a better, more powerful, more expensive amp. But for now I just want something to get the right tone with a lot less power - honestly if i had the talent to go and just try amps and really be able to tell the true quality of them I wouldn't be here... I'd be at the store testing amps. But i'm not that good yet so I have to rely on you guys.... Sorry i know i'm a pain :P
actually i recommended a roland cube. those are apparently great for hi gain practice amps
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
actually i recommended a roland cube. those are apparently great for hi gain practice amps

Edit - apparently I'm an idiot so nvm what i tried to just say lol. I was searching Randall not Roland :P
hey don't worry about it. but a cube would give you multiple amp models PLUS effects. prolly really fun to play on!!

i would assume so anyways, b/c i have a Vox AD30VT and its fun as hell. the effects are EXTREMELY tweakable. and the wattage selector on the back is handy too. but i wouldn't recommend a vox ADVT for death metal sounds, anything less than that tho i would. so the cube will prolly be similar and just as much fun and good sounding.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
That's awesome, ya I was actually looking into the Vox solid state with the 11 channels but then they were like... well it'll do the 80s metal great, but new metal not so much. lol that sucked to hear cuz i really thought i found a badass amp. But that's ok... I'll have to see if i can find any of these Rolands locally to try.

Anyone have any in particular they'd suggest? Wattage isn't really an issue for me, so I'll probably get one of the cheaper less wattage ones if the sound is still the same.

Oh and whatever i get really needs to be better than this Crate GFX-15 I have =/ Otherwise there'd be no point.
Last edited by Exodus04 at May 7, 2008,
^listen to slash_rocks!

and your not being a pain. at least you are using the Search box to research.

also, i know the valveking might be little much for you right now, but i will say this:

it has taken time for this thing to break in and for me to get the settings the way i like 'em. my guess is that if it was too loud at Vol 2, that was because the bright boost button was engaged, the pressence was set to 'tight', the reverb was turned up too high, and the treble was turned up too high.

if you turned all of these, and the gain, down and switched to A/B power it would sound different.

but my first impressions were the same as yours when i first started out on it.

also - you may just want to go used. i bet you could finda a hella amp at 15W for under $300.

keep searching and keep rockin

;