Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

not too bad, maybe 6.5-7 out of 10
personally tho i dont like les pauls very much
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
So, you just want an abstract number representing the quality of your gear?

It's silly. If you could tell us some details, ie. what music do you want to play, or if you want us to rate the gear as gear for practice, or gigging, it would make more sense. Otherwise, prepare for a flood of metalheads rating it 1-2 just because they tolerate only ESP guitars and Triple Rectifiers.
Quote by seizetheday1103
not too bad, maybe 6.5-7 out of 10
personally tho i dont like les pauls very much
well im in the whole classic rock scene...and i love Joe Perry, Slash, Eric Clapton, Zakk...forgot his last name..
BLOWS
just messing its pretty good
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
like.... 5/10.

epiphones really aren't that great. once you play a gibson, you know that they just don't compare.

also, the vox is pretty good. i'm not a huge fan but it's got some cool effects and stuff.
you can do like me and set up your epiphone like a gibson.

hell, mine practically is a gibson by now. i put in new grover tuning heads, new pickups, and reset the action and intonation and now she sings like a gibson.

you def. need a tube amp though. fight the solid state revolution!

id say 6.5/10. maybe a 7.

can't go wrong with a les paul
Epi Les Paul Standard (vintage sunburst with SD pearly gates pickup in the bridge and SD Alnico II Pro in the neck)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Avatar 2x12 (vintage 30 and marshall heritage speakers)
Crybaby 535Q
Boss CE-5
Boss GE-7
Boss TU-2
That's more like it. I'd say that your gear is around 6-7/10 for classic rock; standard Epis are decent, I found Epi Customs much better, and they can become a really good instruments after changing the pickups. Also, Vox is nice, but it is still a modelling amp. Classic rock riffs sound best when played through a cranked tube amp, everybody knows that

I'd say that for practice it is a very good gear, but if you're seriously into playing guitar and want to become a professional musician, you should look into tube amps.
Quote by zombiak
So, you just want an abstract number representing the quality of your gear?

It's silly. If you could tell us some details, ie. what music do you want to play, or if you want us to rate the gear as gear for practice, or gigging, it would make more sense. Otherwise, prepare for a flood of metalheads rating it 1-2 just because they tolerate only ESP guitars and Triple Rectifiers.

You like to stereo-type?

This is coming from a rock fan that hates on guitars that aren't Les Pauls and are made from the 50s.They also hate guitarist that can play more faster than a turtle and hide it with a "they have no soul" to hide their jealousy of the guitarist's speed.They will also rate 10 to anything that is a Les Paul shape guitar.
its about the standard its no custom and 2000 dollar amp but its what i would expect to see people playing and i thinks its pretty good 7/10
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
This thread makes me want to punch a baby.

Oh hell, when do I ever not want to punch a baby?

Bad analogy.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by The Minorthreat
You like to stereo-type?

This is coming from a rock fan that hates on guitars that aren't Les Pauls and are made from the 50s.They also hate guitarist that can play more faster than a turtle and hide it with a "they have no soul" to hide their jealousy of the guitarist's speed.They will also rate 10 to anything that is a Les Paul shape guitar.

Hell, I like metal myself and I love the sound of Mesa Boogie amps. Yet, we both know that there are plenty of narrow-minded people who would say 'Your gear suxxx, buy an Ibanez/Gibson/chinese Fender copy!!!11' if they only found this thread, just because they can. No offense to metalheads, the example was off the top of my head.
Does it work for you?

10/10 if it does.
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Quote by zombiak
Hell, I like metal myself and I love the sound of Mesa Boogie amps. Yet, we both know that there are plenty of narrow-minded people who would say 'Your gear suxxx, buy an Ibanez/Gibson/chinese Fender copy!!!11' if they only found this thread, just because they can. No offense to metalheads, the example was off the top of my head.

Well, I thought that was a close-mind example you put out there.That becuase people don't like his setup doesn't mean it is becuase they like metal.I can see people that like Classic rock and more genres give its rig a low rating to BTW.I just didn't like the picture that you were trying to give using Metalheads as the example.