Ypu can add more mids or bass to your eq? You can try new pick ups too... thicker strings?
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
I think it's probably a combination of things.

1.) A bright Fender amp

2.) The EMG-81

Swap the pickup and you'll be good, I think.

Also, what tubes do you use?
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Emg 81's are really pretty bright. use the neck pickup instead. Also, fenders are pretty brightly voiced.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, it's the bright pickup through the bright amp. The only reason I don't like fender amps. Lose the pickup or the amp and replace it with a SD or a tube amp.

Yay!
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
I think it's largely due to the RP250, to be honest. Although I don't have any experience with the exact pedal, multi- effects pedals are generally thin and harsh- sounding. I have the same problem with the tone my band's other guitarist gets running an SG Standard through a Boss ME-50 and a Valveking. No amount of EQ-ing can fix it.

Obviously though, the EMG's aren't helping. Swapping them out for Blackouts wouldn't be much of a help, but putting passives in a guitar that's already routed for actives would be a bit of a waste.
Quote by ASClark
well i use the tubes that came with the amp, which are grooves i believe. im going to get blackouts sometime tho to rpelace the emgs, good idea?

Ewww.. No to the Blackouts. That would make a terrible combination with the Fender amp. Just get a low-mid output passive pickup, like a PAF, or maybe a Duncan JB.

Try swapping the tubes with something of higher quality, like JJ for the power amp and Tung Sol for the preamp.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
It IS your gear, to be specific the amp. Fenders are bright and piercing, that's what they do best.

I'd just get a different amp to be honest, doesn't sound like the Hot rod is right for you at all.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com