so basically i have 35 bucks, should i save another 15 and get a used boss tu 2 tuner pedal, which seems to come in handy, and found one at my local shop for 50
or should i get a used pro co rat 2 for 60 used from a fellow uger
i can't find any deals on the tu 2, so my friend was recommending me the tu 2 because of the way you can't find good deals for it
so anyway
anybody with experience with these let me know what you think i should get first
or in general get, because i might not even get the tu 2
thanks
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
If you're gigging thena TU-2 would be one of the best investments you can make but if not I'd go with the Rat.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well i'm not gigging yet but i will be i think, practicing for now has been a drag when i'm out of tune, and it just sucks to reconnect to a tuner
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
You can't play seriously in a band without some sort of stage tuner. The RAT is nice, but Marshall MGs are naturally quite sharp and fizzy so the two don't work especially well together. The stage tuner is far more important, go for the TU-2. You may get one or two people saying 'the Boss sucks tone, get a tuner with true-bypass', but they probably have little or no clue what they're talking about. For 99% of guitarists the TU-2 is fine.
yeah well i'm looking to also replace my ds-1
(i'm getting a new amp within maybe 6 months also btw)
yeah i'm thinking the tuner
btw waters is a genius kyle 62 lol
floyd forever
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
But the TU-2 does suck tone, I've used it before.

The Ibanez LU20 is less than half the price and is true-bypass, which doesn't suck tone at all.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Haha cheers. Nice to see someone who's actually heard of his solo stuff, although whether he's a genius or not, 'Radio KAOS' is still pretty poor...

Anyway, the RAT can be quite harsh with certain setups so I'd suggest putting that on hold for now, unless you get a chance to try it with the amp you're going to buy.

EDIT: MatrixClaw I'd love to agree with you, but my guitatist bought an Ibanez stage tuner last year. It's already broken (a problem with the input jack, supposedly) and he's given up bought a Boss. Mine's been going strong for some time now, and I expect it to for some time longer. Much as I loathe endorsing the big, monopolic brands, Boss' tuners are pretty much unbeatable.
Last edited by kyle62 at May 7, 2008,
yes waters is a great great songwriter
radio kaos was pretty lacking, i love the wall though
in fact its my favorite album of all time lol, final cut very good, pros and cons very good
amused to death haven't check out a ton, but still good to what i've heard

yeah i'm looking to get a jcm 900 head
but i'm not sure yet
i still have to try IT out also lol
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by kyle62
EDIT: MatrixClaw I'd love to agree with you, but my guitatist bought an Ibanez stage tuner last year. It's already broken (a problem with the input jack, supposedly) and he's given up bought a Boss. Mine's been going strong for some time now, and I expect it to for some time longer. Much as I loathe endorsing the big, monopolic brands, Boss' tuners are pretty much unbeatable.

I suppose so, the Ibanez does look a little prone to being broken, but as long as you don't abuse it it's good.

If you're going to spend that much on a Boss tuner, there's others that are much better, in the same price range and built strong like a boss (if not better).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-Pitch-Black-Pedal-Tuner?sku=210087

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-Chromatic-Pedal-Tuner?sku=210064
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have a Rat, and I have to say, I'm not too much a fan of it anymore. I much prefer my DS-1. For example, if you're planning to play any kind of music that requires palm-muting, it will sound like ****. Go for the tuner.