Page 1 of 2
A group called Quickstar Productions LLC sent my band a message on myspace saying that they'd like to feature us on their "Downtown Metal" compilation CD. They seem legit, but they do ask for $200 from each band. Anyone ever hear of them or had any experience with them?

Their website is http://www.quickstarproductions.com

Thanks.
Don't do it man.
██████████████████████████████
If theres at least one post a day about this, than it's not legit.

Quickstar my ass.
LARGE TEXT
I understand that it seems scam-ish, but the previous compilations are on iTunes. Also, after looking over the paperwork, we keep all copyrights and they give us 50% of the profit made from digital distribution. Although I don't really expect this to really go anywhere, $200 may not be too much of a price for a bit of exposure. With five members in our band that only comes out to $40 apiece, which isn't too much of a loss if it is a scam.
even if it is legit, they should paying you to be on their comp, not the other way around.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Ahh actually, they ask for the $200 so that they can send you 50 CDs to sell on your own and make profit on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem like much of a scam anymore.
It sounded like you were going to try it, did you? We got message and are giggin just fine and creating quite a following. 170.00 for some exposure is certainly worth it, and I have been all over the net reading on this company. Better Business Bureau is down with them, and found some posts of bands that did it and were pleased, but I just would like a bit more.

So did you do it?
** I Orginally Posted this on Harmony Central but I decided I should also copy it here . . . .

My name is Brenden Bosmans and I am one of the owners of Quickstar Productions. I just wanted to take sometime to address some of the concerns out there because their seems to be alot of misinformation.
Quickstar Productions was started 4 years ago. Back then the only other people we have in the company was my brother Bryan who went to school for music engineering and my best friend Joe who went to school for music business. Joe and I had been in a band together during High School called Quickstar. When we were trying to come up within name for the company we decided to use the name Quickstar to pay homage to our childhood. At that time we did not know that their was some other company called Quickstar that sells health products. We are in no way affiliated with them nor have ever been. Over the past 4 years our company has grown to 7 full time employees.
The main thing that we do is digital distro for record labels. We also design and implement marketing projects for them. About 3.5 years ago we did our first comp CD as a way to promote some of the artists that we were working with at the time. Since that time we have adapted the project to be a full marketing project. The marketing project includes using college and internet radio as well as podcast. We also use banner ads to promote the project.
Since this is not just a comp cd it is very expensive to undertake. It costs us around $5000 to do a 3000 CD pressing. Of that 1/3 are given to the artists. (they can then sell those for whatever price they want they get to keep 100% of those profits), 1/3 become part of press packs which are sent to radio stations, marketing firms and the labels we work with, and the last 1/3 are given out as free promo copies at shows that we host in the Baltimore/Washington area.
The reason that we ask for the artists to buy at least a few copies to sell is to 1. Get more exposure for all of the artists on the CD. and 2. To cover some of the costs associated with undertaking the project. Since the CD costs us $5000 to put out, we try to split that 50/50 with the artists on it. Therefore we recieve $2500 from the artists and put $2500 into the project ourselves. We then make up the remaining amount of the money from digital sales which we receive 50% of. The remaining 50% is paid to the artists.
We have tried everything to make this a win win situation. The artists get mass exposure as well as 100% of physical sales and 50% of digital ones.
Another misconception that their is about us is that we do some sort of mass emailing or use a bot. That is not the truth. We often find artists because someone else has referred them to us, or that they are making an impact on their music scene in some way and we here about it.
We will not just put anyone on the comp cd's. We have to put alot of time and effort into these project. We always want to make sure that the artists that we are working with are serious about their music and their carrier.
If anyone has any other questions about Quickstar Productions and what we do I certainly encourage you to ask them. I would be glad to address any of them. You can either post them here and I will respond or you can call or email me. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this rather long post. Take care, Brenden

www.quickstarproductions.com
Brenden@quickstarproductions.com
Cell: 410.802.2026
They want to feature your song.... but they want you to pay them to feature... your song?

I would tell them to suck my dick.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Ive been talking back and forth with Bryan(Quickstar Productions) and it seems to be legitimate. I am a paranoid and sceptical person myself and I don't have the money to throw it away on a scam. I'm going for it. This IS for the downtown Metal Compilation cd by the way.
Don't Do It!!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Why not? It's not as if I'm paying them for a spot on a cd. Im paying for my track to be mastered, put on cd, and have copies of that CD delivered to me. How can an illigitimate operation get a spot in AP Magazine?
I will say this though, the fellow above, BBosmans, he listed his cell number above, and its the same number I have for Bryan(His Brother).
Seriously don't do it.
What you should do is set up a site called 'fasttimeproductions,com' and go around asking random bands for $200 to make their songs into a CD.
Profit.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Hey, my band just got this message too! Heres the one he sent me:

Hey guys,
I found your page here on MySpace and I really liked the song “Tension”. If you are interested, I’d like to extend an invitation to join us for our next volume of our “Downtown Metal” compilation. Below I have included part of the invitation that explains everything about the CD and our cause. Because of the popularity and success of the series we have made a new page. Make sure to also add the Quickstar Productions main page in our top friends. I’m looking forward to working with you and hope to hear back soon!
Rock on,
Bryan

…… My name is Bryan Bosmans, a project manager with Quickstar Productions. We are putting out a compilation CD titled Downtown Metal and we would love to have you join us. This CD is going to be used to showcase metal artists from all over the country. We know that metal is one of the most technical genres around and want more people to appreciate it as much as we do. We’re here to help you guys promote and do everything you’d like to do without needing a record label or a big name. In essence, we work to keep independent and underground bands at their independent status but allow them to accomplish much more as an independent band.

Let me take a step back to tell you a little bit about what we’re all about. Quickstar Productions, LLC. is the baby of three musicians who are disheartened with the current state of the music industry. We are determined to change the way things work. The founders, all being in bands, were sickened with the way the industry enslaves its bread and butter. The bands work for the labels while the labels take all the profits. There wouldn’t be a label if they didn’t have bands to sell, yet they still treat artists with no respect and unfair compensations for their hard work. Why should bands put up with this obvious lack of reverence? The answer is that they have no other option. Quickstar Productions, LLC. aims to change this. We offer the same services as the labels, except we allow the artists to do it on their own. In essence, we work for you We allocate the tools for you to be successful, all while still controlling your own destiny. Being in the industry for over 10 years now, we know how the business works and want to help you get your music heard In addition to our compilation CD’s, we also offer great deals on album mastering, graphic design, merchandise and CD printing, and anything else you may need help with.

“Downtown Metal” will be professionally produced, glass mastered, shrink wrapped, full color, and retail ready. The compilation will be sold by all of the bands on the CD and will also be distributed digitally in more than 300 mp3 retailers worldwide. This includes all of the big stores you’re used to like iTunes, Napster, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Vcast, plus a number of other stores. Quickstar Productions will pay each band 50% of the profits from their online sales. To further help the artists on the compilation, Quickstar Productions will also send out promotional copies to various contacts at record labels (Vagrant, Victory, and Drive-Thru to name a few), Internet and college radio stations, and management firms. Included with the promotional CDs will be a booklet providing more detailed information on each band. The booklet will feature brief bios, contact information, and a photograph or logo. This will be used to help promote each and every artist on the CD.

To have your song included on our upcoming compilation CD, “Downtown Metal”, please visit our website to download the submission forms. We ask that each band purchase 50 CD’s at cost ($200) to help us cover the manufacturing, production, and shipping expenses included with this compilation. Our recommended retail price for the CD is $7.99; however, you can sell them for whatever price you choose. We’ve heard from some bands, for example, that even give them away with a purchase of their own CD. If you sell them for our recommended retail price, you take in $400. This is a great way to get more merchandise to sell at your shows and also a great way to target other fans around the country in your genre. Please check out our website for more information on this compilation and the company. Since we plan to release the CD this winter, we ask that all submissions be returned by November 15th, 2008. If you don’t think you can meet this deadline, give me a call and I’ll see what I can do to get you on a later volume. In addition, please contact us with any questions or concerns. I hope to hear from you soon!

Rock On,
Bryan Bosmans
Quickstar Productions LLC
DowntownMetal@QuickstarProductions.com
443.552.7058 office
410.802.2206 cell
312.235.6598 fax

**Also, if you get the chance please take the time to check out the band Syncope Threshold. They are an amazing up and coming Hardcore/Metal band recently signed to Razorheart Records! **

Now I wanna believe this is real, it does seem really legit but it seems that a lot of people are getting this message and they seem prfessional, it would be a good way to promote my band too . . .
yeah...my band got one too...

i didnt believe it, cause they wanted a song of ours that was absolutely horrible..

sounded horrible, didnt have lyrics...

lol

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
This is old, so what happened?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
My band got this message at myspace. Looks very familiar if you ask me...

But if you get 50 copies of the CD for $ 200, and you sell them for $ 7.99, like they recommend, you will earn the money back, it isn't as bad as it would have been if you just had to pay them to get on the CD.

At their homepage, it says that they do mastering and graphic design too.

Thing is, I've searched the internet for an hour or so now, and haven't read about anyone who have actually tried this, and says it's a scum, so, if there's is anyone who fits into that explanation, I'd be glad to hear about that.

Here's the message:

Hey Guys,
I found your page here on MySpace and I really liked the song “ Glrhirko ”. If you are interested, I’d like to extend an invitation to join us for our next volume of our “Downtown Metal” compilation. Below I have included part of the invitation that explains everything about the CD and our cause. Because of the popularity and success of the series we have made a new page. Make sure to also add the Quickstar Productions main page in our top friends. I’m looking forward to working with you and hope to hear back soon!
Rock on,
Bryan

…… My name is Bryan Bosmans, a project manager with Quickstar Productions. We are putting out a compilation CD titled Downtown Metal and we would love to have you join us. This CD is going to be used to showcase metal artists from all over the country. We know that metal is one of the most technical genres around and want more people to appreciate it as much as we do. We’re here to help you guys promote and do everything you’d like to do without needing a record label or a big name. In essence, we work to keep independent and underground bands at their independent status but allow them to accomplish much more as an independent band.

Let me take a step back to tell you a little bit about what we’re all about. Quickstar Productions, LLC. is the baby of three musicians who are disheartened with the current state of the music industry. We are determined to change the way things work. The founders, all being in bands, were sickened with the way the industry enslaves its bread and butter. The bands work for the labels while the labels take all the profits. There wouldn’t be a label if they didn’t have bands to sell, yet they still treat artists with no respect and unfair compensations for their hard work. Why should bands put up with this obvious lack of reverence? The answer is that they have no other option. Quickstar Productions, LLC. aims to change this. We offer the same services as the labels, except we allow the artists to do it on their own. In essence, we work for you We allocate the tools for you to be successful, all while still controlling your own destiny. Being in the industry for over 10 years now, we know how the business works and want to help you get your music heard In addition to our compilation CD’s, we also offer great deals on album mastering, graphic design, merchandise and CD printing, and anything else you may need help with.

“Downtown Metal” will be professionally produced, glass mastered, shrink wrapped, full color, and retail ready. The compilation will be sold by all of the bands on the CD and will also be distributed digitally in more than 300 mp3 retailers worldwide. This includes all of the big stores you’re used to like iTunes, Napster, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Vcast, plus a number of other stores. Quickstar Productions will pay each band 50% of the profits from their online sales. To further help the artists on the compilation, Quickstar Productions will also send out promotional copies to various contacts at record labels (Vagrant, Victory, and Drive-Thru to name a few), Internet and college radio stations, and management firms. Included with the promotional CDs will be a booklet providing more detailed information on each band. The booklet will feature brief bios, contact information, and a photograph or logo. This will be used to help promote each and every artist on the CD.

To have your song included on our upcoming compilation CD, “Downtown Metal”, please visit our website to download the submission forms. We ask that each band purchase 50 CD’s at cost ($200) to help us cover the manufacturing, production, and shipping expenses included with this compilation. Our recommended retail price for the CD is $7.99; however, you can sell them for whatever price you choose. We’ve heard from some bands, for example, that even give them away with a purchase of their own CD. If you sell them for our recommended retail price, you take in $400. This is a great way to get more merchandise to sell at your shows and also a great way to target other fans around the country in your genre. Please check out our website for more information on this compilation and the company. Since we plan to release this CD in early 2009, we ask that all submissions be returned by December 25th, 2008. If you don’t think you can meet this deadline, give me a call and I’ll see what I can do to get you on a later volume. In addition, please contact us with any questions or concerns. I hope to hear from you soon!

Rock On,
Bryan Bosmans
www.quickstarproductions. com
Downtownmetal@quickstarproductions.com
443.552.7058 office
410.802.2206 cell
312.235.6598 fax

**Also, if you get the chance please take the time to check out the band Oh the Blood.

They are an amazing up and coming Hardcore/Metal band recently signed to Standby Records! **

PS. My bands myspace is www.myspace.com/revverb
Quote by Gomulka
Go for it man. Appearing on a CD is well worth $200, everyone knows that.

Hmm.. That sounds suspicious, acc created same day as you wrote your first comment. You'd think that any acc is created cuz' the user want to know something, or tell someone something important, not only write a tip, and that tip probably wouldn't contain "everyone knows that", surely not when it's a subject where most people are skeptical.
this is your big break, do it
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by el-ECTRO
Seriously don't do it.
What you should do is set up a site called 'fasttimeproductions,com' and go around asking random bands for $200 to make their songs into a CD.
Profit.

dude you don't know what your talking about. my band has been on this CD and have been extremely happy with it. gained us great exposure and alot of money! this quickstar productions is COMPLETELY lagit and i highly recomend them! email me at soskagjr@comcast.net for any further questions about them.
Quote by Maneby
My band got this message at myspace. Looks very familiar if you ask me...

But if you get 50 copies of the CD for $ 200, and you sell them for $ 7.99, like they recommend, you will earn the money back, it isn't as bad as it would have been if you just had to pay them to get on the CD.

At their homepage, it says that they do mastering and graphic design too.

Thing is, I've searched the internet for an hour or so now, and haven't read about anyone who have actually tried this, and says it's a scum, so, if there's is anyone who fits into that explanation, I'd be glad to hear about that.

Here's the message:

Hey Guys,
I found your page here on MySpace and I really liked the song “ Glrhirko ”. If you are interested, I’d like to extend an invitation to join us for our next volume of our “Downtown Metal” compilation. Below I have included part of the invitation that explains everything about the CD and our cause. Because of the popularity and success of the series we have made a new page. Make sure to also add the Quickstar Productions main page in our top friends. I’m looking forward to working with you and hope to hear back soon!
Rock on,
Bryan

To have your song included on our upcoming compilation CD, “Downtown Metal”, please visit our website to download the submission forms. We ask that each band purchase 50 CD’s at cost ($200) to help us cover the manufacturing, production, and shipping expenses included with this compilation. Our recommended retail price for the CD is $7.99; however, you can sell them for whatever price you choose. We’ve heard from some bands, for example, that even give them away with a purchase of their own CD. If you sell them for our recommended retail price, you take in $400. This is a great way to get more merchandise to sell at your shows and also a great way to target other fans around the country in your genre. Please check out our website for more information on this compilation and the company. Since we plan to release this CD in early 2009, we ask that all submissions be returned by December 25th, 2008. If you don’t think you can meet this deadline, give me a call and I’ll see what I can do to get you on a later volume. In addition, please contact us with any questions or concerns. I hope to hear from you soon!

Rock On,
Bryan Bosmans
www.quickstarproductions. com
Downtownmetal@quickstarproductions.com
443.552.7058 office
410.802.2206 cell
312.235.6598 fax

**Also, if you get the chance please take the time to check out the band Oh the Blood.

They are an amazing up and coming Hardcore/Metal band recently signed to Standby Records! **

PS. My bands myspace is www.myspace.com/revverb

hey man my band has done this and it is completely lagit and well worth your money i promise. We gained a lot of exposure and money from this. its a great oportunity...don't let it pass by. email me at soskagjr@comcast.net for any further questions please. i'll be happy to tell you everything.
Quote by irishmatt1992
Hey, i just spoke to a few bands that were involved with the Quickstar productions deal and they all say that its 100% legit!!!!

it is 100% lagit. i'm on the Rock4Life album and have no regrets whatsoever! email me at soskagjr@comcast.net if you have any questions about them. i'll happily answer them
Quote by merfsullivan
It's not legit.

you don't know what the **** your talking about. its 100% lagit. my band is on the Rock4Life album and has absolutely no regrets. QUICKSTAR PRODUCTIONS IS COMPLETELY LAGIT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Donavan77
you don't know what the **** your talking about. its 100% lagit. my band is on the Rock4Life album and has absolutely no regrets. QUICKSTAR PRODUCTIONS IS COMPLETELY LAGIT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

no it's not really legit, and you could press enough copies of your own LP for $200 to not need crap like this.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Donavan77

First of all, you spelled legit wrong. Second of all, you registered this month. Third of all, you called Elz a dude. Fourth of all, you quadruple posted. I think that's a record.

I don't believe you.
Quote by ThElEsSeReViL
Why not? It's not as if I'm paying them for a spot on a cd. Im paying for my track to be mastered, put on cd, and have copies of that CD delivered to me. How can an illigitimate operation get a spot in AP Magazine?
Don't do it.
Is it just me or does the myspace message that my band got look very similar to the others,

Hey there,
I found your page here on MySpace and I really liked the song "Don't Let Go". If you are interested, I’d like to extend an invitation to join us for our next volume of our “Rock 4 Life” compilation. Below I have included part of the invitation that explains everything about the CD and our cause. Because of the popularity and success of the series we have made a new page. Make sure to also add the Quickstar Productions main page in our top friends. I’m looking forward to working with you and hope to hear back soon!
Rock on,
Bryan

.... My name is Bryan Bosmans, a Project Manager with Quickstar Productions. We are putting out a compilation CD titled Rock 4 Life and we would love to have you join us. This compilation CD is going to be used to showcase a sampling from everything rock music has to offer, pulling from soft rock, country, pop punk, alternative, indie, progressive, punk, and more. The inspiration for this CD came from a close friend of ours, Kevin O'Hara. Kevin is a drummer from Northwest Indiana who was diagnosed with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) at the age of 18. This disease causes the liver to shut down and currently the only cure is a liver transplant. We want to honor our friend and help others in the same situation by donating proceeds from the Rock 4 Life comp to the PSC Partners Seeking a Cure. PSC Partners Seeking a Cure is a foundation that endeavors to find a cure and treatment for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. The bands featured on the compilation CD will get great exposure for a good cause and the money raised will help those like Kevin who are awaiting the uncertainty of a liver transplant. This is a win-win situation.

Let me also tell you a little bit about what we’re all about. Quickstar Productions, LLC. is the baby of three musicians who are disheartened with the current state of the music industry. We are determined to change the way things work. The founders, all being in bands, were sickened with the way the industry enslaves its bread and butter. The bands work for the labels while the labels take all the profits. There wouldn’t be a label if they didn’t have bands to sell, yet they still treat artists with no respect and unfair compensations for their hard work. Why should bands put up with this obvious lack of reverence? The answer is that they have no other option. Quickstar Productions, LLC. aims to change this. We offer the same services as the labels, except we allow the artists to do it on their own. In essence, we work for you We allocate the tools for you to be successful, all while still controlling your own destiny. Being in the industry for over 10 years now, we know how the business works and want to help you get your music heard In addition to our compilation CD’s, we also offer great deals on album mastering, graphic design, merchandise and CD printing, and anything else you may need help with.

“Rock 4 Life” will be professionally produced, glass mastered, shrink-wrapped, full color, and retail ready. The compilation will be sold by all of the bands on the CD and will also be distributed digitally in more than 300 mp3 retailers worldwide. This includes all of the big stores you’re used to like iTunes, Napster, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Vcast, plus a number of other stores. Quickstar Productions will pay each band 50% of the profits from their online sales. To further help the artists on the compilation, Quickstar Productions will also send out promotional copies to various contacts at record labels (Vagrant, Victory, and Drive-Thru to name a few), Internet and college radio stations, and management firms. Included with the promotional CDs will be a booklet providing more detailed information on each band. The booklet will feature brief bios, contact information, and a photograph or logo. This will be used to help promote each and every artist on the CD.

To have your song included on our upcoming compilation CD, “Rock 4 Life”, please visit our website to download the submission forms. We ask that each band purchase 50 CD’s at cost ($175) to help us cover the manufacturing, production, and shipping expenses included with this compilation. Our recommended retail price for the CD is $7.99; however, you can sell them for whatever price you choose. We’ve heard from some bands, for example, that even give them away with a purchase of their own CD. If you sell them for our recommended retail price, you take in $400. This is a great way to get more merchandise to sell at your shows and also a great way to target other fans around the country in your genre. Please check out our website for more information on this compilation. Also, please take a minute to learn more about PSC and what you can do to help at their website. Since we plan to release this CD in the winter of 2008, we ask that all submissions be returned by October 31st, 2008. If you don’t think you can meet this deadline, give me a call and I’ll see what I can do to get you on a later volume. In addition, please contact us with any questions or concerns. I hope to hear from you soon!

Rock On,
Bryan Bosmans

443.552.7058 office
410.802.2206 cell
312.235.6598 fax

**Also, if you get the chance please take the time to check out one of our bands Bravo Romeo Bravo on their Myspace page.
They are an amazing up and coming rock band from the Baltimore scene!

I don't know if its legit or not but my band is basically separated we all live in different places and a friend of ours has the recordings.
I personally wouldn't do it to be honest. Before you reply saying 'you don't know what the fcuk you're talking about' let me explain why I wouldn't.

1) I'd rather sell my own bands cds personally
2) You can put your music on iTunes for a small fee.
3) If you want' more exposure, a sure fire way is to just get out there and gig. lots.

That's my personal reason as to why I wouldn't do it.

Quote by jetfuel495
First of all, you spelled legit wrong. Second of all, you registered this month. Third of all, you called Elz a dude. Fourth of all, you quadruple posted. I think that's a record.

I don't believe you.

haha
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Last edited by eggo_boi_15 at Jan 19, 2009,
Ya Totally why not do it all yourself so that you retain all the profit and don't need to worry about some one screwing you over, also playing gigs is insanely awesome. All this gigs I've played have been the most fun I've had.
I don't believe this is legit either. My friend just got the same kind of message on MySpace. I registered just to tell you guys and hopefully make a few people think again if they are considering going for it.

Hey Guys,

I heard your song, “Pentathlon” and I am very impressed with it. I am currently working on the Spring edition of a compilation CD titled “Rock 4 Life”. It will feature punk, indie, emo, hardcore, alternative, and all other variations of the rock genre from all over the country. I believe that your song would be a perfect fit on this project and I would be honored to have you take part.

My name is Joe Bird and I am a project manager with Quickstar Production, as well as a musician for the past 16 years. Quickstar Productions is a company that specializes in designing music-marketing campaigns and supplying digital distribution services for record labels and independent artists. In 2004, Quickstar Productions released its first Comp CD as a way to promote unsigned artists. This CD was extraordinarily successful in accomplishing its mission! Over the years the company has built off that success and perfected a marketing plan to maximize exposure for the artist. Quickstar Productions is based out of Baltimore, MD and is an active member of the Maryland Better Business Bureau.

“Rock 4 Life” will be marketed and made available in the following ways:

1.PHYSICAL SALES: You will receive 50 copies of the CD to sell at whatever price you choose. These will be professionally produced, retail ready CD’s. We recommend selling them for $8. That way you can make $400. You keep 100% of your sales. This is a great way to get more merchandise to sell at your shows and also a way to target other fans in your genre. The idea is that when each artist sells their 50 copies, the other artists on the CD will have their music exposed to other fans of your genre of music. Your song will be exposed to many new listeners in this manner.

2.DIGITAL SALES: The compilation will be made available for sale in all digital stores including iTunes, Rhapsody, Wal-Mart, Napster, and Amazon. Your song will also be available as a ringtone that your fans may purchase. You will receive 50% of profits generated.

3.EXPOSURE: The CD will be sent to record labels, marketing, and management firms. Along with the CD, a booklet featuring your picture and bio will be made available so they can learn a little bit more about you. In addition, free promo copies will be handed out at concerts in the Baltimore/Washington area. Quickstar Productions will also promote the album by using MySpace and banner ads.

4.RADIO: The CD will be sent to college and internet radio stations and be featured on various podcasts throughout the world.

5.NETWORKING: Developing a network with other musicians is key to ones success. This comp CD is a chance to do so. You will be provided with all the other artists information before the CD is released so that you can start show swapping with one another, networking and helping each other out

To have your song included on our upcoming compilation CD please visit our website, Quickstarproductions com, to download the submission form. We do not charge a fee to be on “Rock 4 Life”, but we do ask that you purchase 50 CD’s to distribute at cost ($175). This will be the only cost to you. One of the most important parts of this project is getting the CD into the hands of fans. The more CD’s that you are able to distribute the more exposure everyone gets.

Please check out QuickstarProductions com for more info on this compilation. Since we plan to release this CD in the Spring of 2009, we ask that all submissions be returned by February 28th. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions. I look forward to working with you.

Take care,
Joe Bird

www Quickstarproductions com
Office: 443 552 7058
Cell: 443 538 3899
Fax: 312 235 6598
Email: Joe @ quickstarproductions com

PS. Please check out one of the past editions of this CD on iTunes, Napster, Amazon, or eMusic.
(just search for Quickstar Productions)
Page 1 of 2