Page 1 of 2
What are some good metal songs that use wah pedals.I need some that are more intermediate.

Please, wah songs that are tasteful with wahs... so that means no Metallica songs.
Last edited by The Minorthreat at May 7, 2008,
Michael Amott from Arch Enemy uses some pretty tasteful wah. Check out nemesis and ravenous.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
metallica have tasteful wah solo's, you have a problem if you dont like it, becsause your asking for metal wah songs....and thats exactly what metallica gives you
Quote by DieKrupps
metallica have tasteful wah solo's, you have a problem if you dont like it, becsause your asking for metal wah songs....and thats exactly what metallica gives you

Yeah ok sure they do.

Anyways, I need more tasteful wah songs and thanks everyone how said some songs.
War - Satriani.

Not really metal, but you can pick up some nice ideas from it.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Electric Funeral by Sabbath
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by The Minorthreat
Yeah ok sure they do.

Anyways, I need more tasteful wah songs and thanks everyone how said some songs.

have you ever listened to the album kill em' all because if you have then you would be shoving the statement down your thoat. the solos in that album are some of the best "metal wah solos" around
Quote by Sakattack75
go **** yourself

lmao.
The solo in ****ing hostile by Pantera!
Quote by ironman1478
have you ever listened to the album kill em' all because if you have then you would be shoving the statement down your thoat. the solos in that album are some of the best "metal wah solos" around

They were Dave Mustaine's solos so that is why they are the best.Btw, Dave never use wahs in his solos only kirk does... well more like abuses them.From Ride the lightning and up that is where the wahs were getting tasteless but anyways I'm done with this topic.

Songs please.
Quote by The Minorthreat
They were Dave Mustaine's solos so that is why they are the best.Btw, Dave never use wahs in his solos only kirk does... well more like abuses them.From Ride the lightning and up that is where the wahs were getting tasteless but anyways I'm done with this topic.

Songs please.

Fight fire with fire has a good solo with the wah in it.
Quote by The Minorthreat

Songs please.

it is still metallica. also try the song no remorse by metallica. they dont abuse the wah that much in that song
Quote by The Minorthreat
What are some good metal songs that use wah pedals.I need some that are more intermediate.

Please, wah songs that are tasteful with wahs... so that means no Metallica songs.

wait a minute, are you a multi of the user Cannibalwolf?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
guys shut up with metallica, he said he doesnt want that as a suggestion, respect the threadstarter and stop acting like little kids. he's not asking your freaking opinion on metallica, hes saying give him some metal songs that use wah just not metallica. dang.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by shredhead22
wait a minute, are you a multi of the user Cannibalwolf?

huh?
Quote by ironman1478
it is still metallica. also try the song no remorse by metallica. they dont abuse the wah that much in that song

I DON'T WANT METALLICA!

omg..
The light that blinds (close enough to metal, very little metalcore there)-Shadows Fall, Wolves-Machine Head, or Slaves Shall serve-Behemoth (SLAVES SHALL SERVE, SLAVES SHALL SERVE, SLAVES SHALL FUCKING SERVE!).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Also, in James Labrie's Crucifiy, the wah is used in a good way, have a look into it.
not dissing metal in any way but you gotta realize that wahs aren't used as ...ionno the word, but they're used a little less 'musically' in metal. more like just a cool way of changing the sound or somewhat dramatic effect on an already good solo.

Run to the Hills uses wah in the solo correct? that song is damn sexy

also, if you REALLY wanna learn how to use a wah, listen to classic rock. it's used MUCH more tastefully in that, funk, and old Barry White stuff. THAT'S where using a wah becomes skillful, you need to learn how to keep a rhythm with it...you'd be surprised how many people who have had a wah for years only do the (wah-wah-wah-wah-wah) in their solos. then compare that to the lower number of people who do (wah wah- wica- wow wow wow wooooooooooooooeeeeeewwwwww)

kinda hard to explain
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
not dissing metal in any way but you gotta realize that wahs aren't used as ...ionno the word, but they're used a little less 'musically' in metal. more like just a cool way of changing the sound or somewhat dramatic effect on an already good solo.

also, if you REALLY wanna learn how to use a wah, listen to classic rock. it's used MUCH more tastefully in that, funk, and old Barry White stuff. THAT'S where using a wah becomes skillful, you need to learn how to keep a rhythm with it...you'd be surprised how many people who have had a wah for years only do the (wah-wah-wah-wah-wah) in their solos. then compare that to the lower number of people who do (wah wah- wica- wow wow wow wooooooooooooooeeeeeewwwwww)

kinda hard to explain

i dont think run to the hills uses wah
but a good song from iron maiden would be wrathchild. i am almost positive they use wah in that song
OMG no one has stated Black label society thats some serious BS!Also Metallica does have real non tasteful wahing its pretty bad kirk Hammett has much better solos with out the wah actually,like the solo in ride the lightning live sounds so much better.Also check out the solo gunshot to the head of trepidation.
Quote by slash_rocks2005

kinda hard to explain

1.You don't know skill when you see it cause clearly you can't
2.metal uses it as skillfully as any genre and same goes for any genre out there
3.If I really want to learn how to use wahs? Dude, there is no lessons on how to use a wah , it comes from pure soul and feel of it.
4.It is also clear that you really don't know anything about wahs or the metal genre
5.There is no genre that has more skills in wah use.
6.In every single genre of music there are people that don't know how to use it and people like you need to stop being a close-mind fools towards other genres of music.
Quote by ObliviousEnd
OMG no one has stated Black label society thats some serious BS!Also Metallica does have real non tasteful wahing its pretty bad kirk Hammett has much better solos with out the wah actually,like the solo in ride the lightning live sounds so much better.Also check out the solo gunshot to the head of trepidation.

Who cares? just live it to die.
theMinorthreat,

sorry you misunderstood what i'm saying but calm down. you think i have something against metal or something? i'm tired of having to sugarcoat things for pure metalheads and shredheads out there b/c they take the tiniest fraction of a misunderstandment as a chance to label someone as "close minded".

i'm sowwy i'm just a poe lil thang who don't know what skill is!!

anyone can rock a wah back and forth fast, then slow, then fast again. i'm referring to most of K.H.'s solos there. i also know that metal can use a wah tastefully. what i did NOT say was that "metal doesn't have any sense of using a wah" i said they use it LESS MUSICALLY. the best wah users use the wah as a mix of percussive sounds as well as vocal replications. you don't get what i'm saying and the fact that i've offended you means i didn't word it 'nice' enough so that you wouldn't jump to conclusions.

no genre that uses a wah more skillfully? i don't believe THAT for a second. don't get ur C.O.B. panties in a bundle man, i'll stop arguing with you. but keep in mind i dont go posting in threads to start arguments, i try to be as open minded as possible. this is why i like GG&A best, people over there are so less menustral. if you spent a few days in those forums you'd see that the only people i would ever bash are the ones who THROW THE FIRST STONE.

outta curiousity, how long you been playing>? and no this isn't some sort of trap question.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
theMinorthreat,

sorry you misunderstood what i'm saying but calm down. you think i have something against metal or something? i'm tired of having to sugarcoat things for pure metalheads and shredheads out there b/c they take the tiniest fraction of a misunderstandment as a chance to label someone as "close minded".

i'm sowwy i'm just a poe lil thang who don't know what skill is!!

anyone can rock a wah back and forth fast, then slow, then fast again. i'm referring to most of K.H.'s solos there. i also know that metal can use a wah tastefully. what i did NOT say was that "metal doesn't have any sense of using a wah" i said they use it LESS MUSICALLY. the best wah users use the wah as a mix of percussive sounds as well as vocal replications. you don't get what i'm saying and the fact that i've offended you means i didn't word it 'nice' enough so that you wouldn't jump to conclusions.

? i don't believe THAT for a second. don't get ur C.O.B. panties in a bundle man, i'll stop arguing with you. but keep in mind i dont go posting in threads to start arguments, i try to be as open minded as possible. this is why i like GG&A best, people over there are so less menustral. if you spent a few days in those forums you'd see that the only people i would ever bash are the ones who THROW THE FIRST STONE.

outta curiousity, how long you been playing>? and no this isn't some sort of trap question.

1. I'm pretty sure we don't need someone that has little knowlegde of genres to sugar coat anything for us.... trust me we don't.

2." i said they use it LESS MUSICALLY " to "no genre that uses a wah more skillfully" wtf? oh god just stop..

3. C.O.B. panties? what you looked in my pants?

4. GG&A... then bye! I think that it better you stay there.

You know what this is done.
Not to add fuel to the fire, but I like the stuff Hammet does when he uses the wah strictly as a filter, but he does tend to just "count the beat" up and down in some of his solos, no real feel sometimes. I still like it though, but the TS pretty much said that's not his idea of tasteful wah.

Which begs the question, why has nobody asked the TS this question yet:

What's your idea of tasteful wah usage?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
ha ok bro, this is UG community NOT UG lets-pick-a-fight-with-everyone. that kinda stuff WILL get you banned just so you don't get too heated in future threads with other people who are taken the wrong way like me. and since you've only been a member for less than a month, i'd be careful as how you talk to more experienced UGers. but hey, ur not scared of anything right? we're all here to look tougher than the next guy right? i'll tell ya what, I'M done with this highschool drama BS. and i will stick to whatever forums i wish.

oh and sorry about the COB panties joke....

those were your moms pants i was looking down.

but seriously, Run to the Hills uses wah on the solo. isn't there a new Disturbed single out w/ a wah solo? it seems that modern metal is bringing back more of an 80s shred/solo style back into mainstream so you could probably find it in MANY metal songs you hear on the radio. and Bad Horsie is sick as hell too.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by BaffAttack
Not to add fuel to the fire, but I like the stuff Hammet does when he uses the wah strictly as a filter, but he does tend to just "count the beat" up and down in some of his solos, no real feel sometimes. I still like it though, but the TS pretty much said that's not his idea of tasteful wah.

Which begs the question, why has nobody asked the TS this question yet:

What's your idea of tasteful wah usage?

LEAVE THE ****ING METALLICA SUBJECT ALONE NOW!

I don't give a ****, I just want some other songs with wahs... my god is that so hard?
Quote by The Minorthreat

LEAVE THE ****ING METALLICA SUBJECT ALONE NOW!

I don't give a ****, I just want some other songs with wahs... my god is that so hard?

Calm down bro. I asked a question, can I get an answer? What's your idea of tasteful wah usage? Give some examples so we can give you counter examples. Kind of like how Pandora will take a band you like and play artists with similar styles to try and get you in to new stuff. Tell us what you're looking for beyond "Not Metallica" and we can try and help answer your question better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Calm down bro. I asked a question, can I get an answer? What's your idea of tasteful wah usage? Give some examples so we can give you counter examples. Kind of like how Pandora will take a band you like and play artists with similar styles to try and get you in to new stuff. Tell us what you're looking for beyond "Not Metallica" and we can try and help answer your question better.

I just want something more like Arch Enemy like style.
Man in the Box - Alice in Chains
Rooster - Alice in Chains
Dirt - Alice in Chains

...see a pattern here?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by rooster456
Man in the Box - Alice in Chains
Rooster - Alice in Chains
Dirt - Alice in Chains

...see a pattern here?

You like AiC?

TS, awesome, that's more like it. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with Arch Enemy to help.

However, I will second whoever mentioned BS's Electric Funeral. That might be the OG for metal wah.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by The Minorthreat
huh?

i asked if your account "the minorthreat" is a multi of "cannibalwolf". You seem to have a similar posting style, same dickhead eletist attitude (even though neither of you know know what you're talking about), and you both live in toronto

Quote by slash_rocks2005
and since you've only been a member for less than a month, i'd be careful as how you talk to more experienced UGers. but hey, ur not scared of anything right? we're all here to look tougher than the next guy right?

actualy i think he's a multi, there's just something so familiar with his posts compared to this account..

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Cannibalwolf/

and i think it's a little too coincidental that as soon as cannibalwolf was banned (and set to private) the minorthreat account was made
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 8, 2008,
Page 1 of 2