Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

just wanted your opinion on lifetime, i think they are pretty sweet, and i didnt see a thread about them so i decided to start one.
Quote by original=punk
Not bad, just nothing too majorly special or orgasmic IMO

Lies!

I <3 Lifetime.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I don't like them. At all
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by original=punk
Not bad, just nothing too majorly special or orgasmic IMO

Yeah, I saw them live, that's kind of how I felt. I didn't mind them, but I didn't care they were playing, nor do I want to hear them again.
The band before them was really bad though and had some cliche name about how the government was oppressing them.
DOWN&OUT
Lifetime are great. You guys aren't!
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by I_Pwn
Lies!

I <3 Lifetime.

I was going to write literally the exact same thing.

One of my favorite bands. I'd put it in pop-punk or hardcore, though.
lifetime is a great band. not a big fan of the new record, but jersey's best dancers is one of my favourite.

but they belong in pop-punk&emo as much as blink-182 does. =/
Lifetime are amazing, Jersey's Best Dancers is an amazing album. They were probably the most important and influential bands in the New Brunswick, NJ scene. I mean there was a hardcore scene there, but without Lifetime none of the New Brunswick bans would have exploded into stardom the way so many did. Sure, you can say it's a bad thing for pretty much creating pseudo "emo", but overall, I think Lifetime did a great thing for New Brunswick and music in general.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at May 7, 2008,
i love boy's go no good and turnpike gates. the whole jersey's best dancers record is a real landmark for most melodic hardcore and modern pop punk bands
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Poor imo. Don't like the singing and it's very generic.

Lifetime, generic, are you kidding me?
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Poor imo. Don't like the singing and it's very generic.

It's only generic cause after they started every band sounds just like them.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
It's only generic cause after they started every band sounds just like them.

That is true, Lifetime are so non generic, the bands that copied them are generic. I'm willing to say Lifetime changed the face of pop culture, maybe in a bad way, but that scene from New Brunswick, NJ is what started the fake "emo" trend. Lifetime were the band who started that scene, they're completely non generic.
Quote by StreetLight3989
That is true, Lifetime are so non generic, the bands that copied them are generic. I'm willing to say Lifetime changed the face of pop culture, maybe in a bad way, but that scene from New Brunswick, NJ is what started the fake "emo" trend. Lifetime were the band who started that scene, they're completely non generic.

Nah, I think the DC dudes are responsible for all that.
brnh.bandcamp.com
how can you not like lifetime
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by I_Pwn
Nah, I think the DC dudes are responsible for all that.

The New Brunswick scene had a lot to do with it, and New Brunswick opened the scene to something other than hardcore. The new emo at least.
I just listened to them. The early stuff sounds pretty cool, but the latter didn't sound like anything exciting or special. Just standard pop-punk.
This band is okay.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by StreetLight3989
Lifetime are amazing, Jersey's Best Dancers is an amazing album. They were probably the most important and influential bands in the New Brunswick, NJ scene. I mean there was a hardcore scene there, but without Lifetime none of the New Brunswick bans would have exploded into stardom the way so many did. Sure, you can say it's a bad thing for pretty much creating pseudo "emo", but overall, I think Lifetime did a great thing for New Brunswick and music in general.

Good news: I might be going to college there, so if I do, I'll see ya there.
Quote by hardrock1315
Good news: I might be going to college there, so if I do, I'll see ya there.

Nice, that would be really cool. Rutgers is a good school and New Brunswick is a pretty awesome town. I'll definitely see you at shows and stuff if you go there!
Quote by StreetLight3989
Nice, that would be really cool. Rutgers is a good school and New Brunswick is a pretty awesome town. I'll definitely see you at shows and stuff if you go there!

It's weird... a lot of jersey kids I know applied to two schools... Rutgers and Virginia Tech... We have a ton of jersey kids here for some unknown reason...
Quote by RockThe40oz
It's weird... a lot of jersey kids I know applied to two schools... Rutgers and Virginia Tech... We have a ton of jersey kids here for some unknown reason...

Most people in my school apply to Rutgers and Penn State. Now that I think about it, there are a couple kids going to VT.
Yeah, pretty much, I kind of want to go to Rutgers, but I also want to see what else is out there. New Brunswick is a pretty awesome town though.
Lifetime are alright. I prefer Yemin's other bands, Kid Dynamite & Paint It Black though.

Definately not 'generic' though.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Quote by hardrock1315
Streetlight, do a lot of touring bands come around New Brunswick, or is it mostly local shows?

Mostly just local stuff in New Brunswick, but about 40 minutes away froom New Brunswick, in Asbury Park a lot of punk bands and other bands tour. There aren't even that many real venues in New Brunswick, most are basements and other makeshift venues.
Quote by hardrock1315
Streetlight, do a lot of touring bands come around New Brunswick, or is it mostly local shows?

They used to, or so I've read.
Quote by original=punk
They used to, or so I've read.

Yeah, but there's only one "real" venue in the town and that's 21+, it's mostly just basements now(which is better imo). Asbury Park is where the touring bands go.
lifetime is so awesome, but I probably wouldnt like them as much if they had a different singer.
two and a half men.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
This band is okay.

I wrote that ^ after hearing some songs from their new album.

But I got Jersey's Best Dancers, and it rules.

<3 Lifetime.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Lifetime doesn't seem very special to me. They've been copied so much that they don't stand out anymore. Like Bad Religion.
Page 1 of 2