Hey guys,

I have just brought a new Fender American Vintage Hot Rod 62 and I was wondering what strings I should put on it becuase i dont want the ones that come with it.

First of all I want GHS Boomers becuase thats what I have on my ibanez and i like them, secoundly the two options are:

GBTNT (10-52) - 10-13-17-30-44-52 or

GB-LOW (11-53) - 11-15-19-33-43-53

The problem is that I really like the sizes for GB-LOW because I have them on my ibanez but i dont mind the TNTs, its just that on the GB-LOWs packet it says

"this set was designed for players who like to tune a step or half step low. the would strings are made with extra-large cores. hese cose sizes allow a smaller guage string to vibrate with the limited "travel" of a larger gauge string when plucked. This design avoids the greater tension caused by the mass of a larger gauge"

- so I was wondering would this "speacial" desgin effect the guitar to any extent because I dont tune down or because of their limited travel, and I wasnt really worried about it on my ibanez because it is no where near the value of my strat.

Thanks guys for any help that comes my way, sorry if you think im being parinoid or such I just want the strat to be perfect and dont want to have to get another set up to change the string gauge.

Thanks
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
im pretty sure it wouldn't harm anything.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
stick with the strings you feel most comfortable with. i rarely down tune but i use 12-56 because i like the feel of thick strings.

again, stick with what you like, but you are gonna have to adjust the springs of the tremolo system if you change gauges from whats already on you guitar.
I just meant because the GHS where claiming that they are only for tunning down, i didnt mean thicker strings where for tunning down genraly it just seemed this type was specificlly for that.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
no not really, its just that thicker strings stay in the desired tuning longer than thiner strings if you arnt using standard tuning and they keep the tension on the neck so i doesnt warp.